X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes falls off or removed at night

To All Tranquileyes users,
    So my ophtho recently suggested that my side sleeping maybe putting mechanical pressure on the side of my eye and I may have some floppy eyelid syndrome. He suggested a mask / device to guard the eyes at night. I have tranquileyes but I noticed at least 1/2 the I pull these off at night. How do you guys keep this on? The headband is so flimsy too, its not designed to be tight fitting.

Have you guys ever considered a large scuba goggle? I know it sounds ludicrous, but I bet nothing would contact the eye with such a large barrier in the way.

I think Tranquileyes is not suitable for side sleeper as it sits tight around the orbit and puts pressure on the side of eye as you pointed out. Many of us here use Cling Wrap which I have found very useful. In addition to that you may use a sleep mask like Twilight or Contour (Dream Essentials).

Personally, I do not like anything touching my eye lids or orbits. Moreover, I am a face down/side sleeper with eye pain. I do tape my eyes &use Glad/Saran cling wrap to cut out the air flow and like a sleep mask which is no pressure/soft/flexible but can hold this eye gear(Cling Wrap) in place throughout the night. But flexible/soft ones do not stay in place when your face is touching the pillow. And hence it is not perfect solution but since I have 3 levels of barriers, and most likely one will succeed in keeping my eyes from completely drying out

Comment

Originally posted by StephenP99 View Post
      To All Tranquileyes users,
      So my ophtho recently suggested that my side sleeping maybe putting mechanical pressure on the side of my eye and I may have some floppy eyelid syndrome. He suggested a mask / device to guard the eyes at night. I have tranquileyes but I noticed at least 1/2 the I pull these off at night. How do you guys keep this on? The headband is so flimsy too, its not designed to be tight fitting.

Have you guys ever considered a large scuba goggle? I know it sounds ludicrous, but I bet nothing would contact the eye with such a large barrier in the way.
      StephenP99, a simple product that I've often found helpful for FES is the post LASIK goggle. The goggle part is rigid so nothing will touch your eyes, the strap is wide and strong and adjustable, and it's designed for use at night. It's NOT designed for long term use, and not the most comfortable thing in the world, but in some situations where nothing else does the job as well, I've found it indispensable and have a lot of customers who use it and replace it regularly.

With FES I tend to steer away from Tranquileyes because of the possibility of the pad itself causing an abrasion if things get pushed around or it can't be secured tightly enough. Very user specific though. I've got plenty of side sleepers who have used TQ successfully for years, others can't. I know several people who use a headband or something like that OVER the Tranquileyes to hold it in place. Onyix/Quartz sometimes work for that, again user specific. Escape (another Dream Essentials mask) is really good, it is more structured than any other sleep mask I've come across and has cavities over the eyes plus a decent strap, though for some side sleepers it can get pushed around too.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I side sleep and have had NO problems with the Oniyx

Comment

I use a buckwheat pillow and make a little hollow for the side of my goggles. A soft feather pillow is not too bad either and though a hard pillow is not very good I just put my ear over the end.

Couldn't live without my tranquileyes

Comment

Working...
          X