No announcement yet.

Does anybody have any tips regarding the dry eye night goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So crazy to see my old posts and where I was at that time. Currently, I’ve been lucky enough to not even need drops at night. I wear the 7eye moisture chamber glasses in my sleep. They have a rigid frame, it prevents the glasses from collapsing and opening my eyelids. They stay on, I don’t rip them off. It’s the first thing I’ve worn at night to actually work. And you wouldn’t think to wear glasses in your sleep, but for me, been a lifesaver. So I just wanted to throw that out there. They are expensive, but worst case scenario you can wear them during the day assuming you don’t need glasses. They can also put a prescription in them if you’d like. So it would t be a waste if they didn’t work out for sleep is what I’m getting at.

As for drops, theratears for me, is a thinner version of refresh celluvisc, have you tried that? It’s much thicker. I’ve tried every gel brand known that’s preservative free. The best one I can recommend is oasis tears plus. It’s not a true gel, it’s a hair thinner, however, it’s preservative free and has the most comfortable feeling in the eye. It’s really wirth a shot. They are the best brand of drop Ive found. Because to be honest, even if the gel is thicker, I have to usually reapply at night anyway. So I’d rather have the most comfortable, highest quality gel in my eye. Ointments are a no for me, I’m so allergic to them. Some more than others. Soothe PM is a really clean ointment. If you can get a hold of that, or retaine pm, at least you can eliminate the lanolin.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
      So crazy to see my old posts and where I was at that time. Currently, I’ve been lucky enough to not even need drops at night. I wear the 7eye moisture chamber glasses in my sleep. They have a rigid frame, it prevents the glasses from collapsing and opening my eyelids. They stay on, I don’t rip them off. It’s the first thing I’ve worn at night to actually work. And you wouldn’t think to wear glasses in your sleep, but for me, been a lifesaver. So I just wanted to throw that out there. They are expensive, but worst case scenario you can wear them during the day assuming you don’t need glasses. They can also put a prescription in them if you’d like. So it would t be a waste if they didn’t work out for sleep is what I’m getting at.

As for drops, theratears for me, is a thinner version of refresh celluvisc, have you tried that? It’s much thicker. I’ve tried every gel brand known that’s preservative free. The best one I can recommend is oasis tears plus. It’s not a true gel, it’s a hair thinner, however, it’s preservative free and has the most comfortable feeling in the eye. It’s really wirth a shot. They are the best brand of drop Ive found. Because to be honest, even if the gel is thicker, I have to usually reapply at night anyway. So I’d rather have the most comfortable, highest quality gel in my eye. Ointments are a no for me, I’m so allergic to them. Some more than others. Soothe PM is a really clean ointment. If you can get a hold of that, or retaine pm, at least you can eliminate the lanolin.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you.
      Thank you for replying

Which is much thicker, the celluvisc or theratears?

Comment

Originally posted by jack1988 View Post

Thank you for replying

Which is much thicker, the celluvisc or theratears?
        The celluvisc is thicker. I believe the theratesrs products are better honestly though. But if you need thick, celluvisc is the one.

Comment

Working...
        X