Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyeseals (Eyeeco)

New from eyeeco: http://www.eyeeco.com/product/iprodu...p_apnea.html#2

Very curious about these, although I tried the standard "onyx" previously and the eye-cups were rather uncomfortable for me (I have larger eyes, that protrude out, rather than deeper set ones). It seems as if the pressure points on these "Eyeseals" may be more around the orbital area though? If anyone has tried this, or does so in the near future, please post your thoughts on it. I am looking for a mask or some such device that will actually keep my eyelids closed at night (all of the ones that have worked for me, usually do not end up staying on throughout the entire night - so, short of taping my eyes shut, I'm hoping this, or something like it may work)

I haven't tried them yet but hope to soon and will let you know what I think

Incidentally re: the issue with keeping things on at night: have you, or anyone else here, tried the version they are selling with the new "secure strap"? Looks like it's the same strap as they have on the eyeseals products.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

i have the eyeseals. the new secure strap is amazing compared to their old strap. however, the shield itself, i do not find all that appealing. i have lagophthalmos and i feel like the mask made my lagophthalmos worse because it kind of lifts my eyelids a little open, but i think i am just weird. i have the same problem with almost any type of mask. the shields do form a pretty close seal to the contour of your face, depending on your individual features, and i would imagine it would keep your eyes pretty moist if you keep it on all night.

MGD66 - these will not physically shut your eyelids since the shield protrudes outward. its very similar to the onyx, except that it is contoured to your forehead and nose to form a tighter seal.

Comment

grant555 - thanks for the info - I should have clarified that I would not necessarily need my eyelids to stay closed, but would need a seal in order to prevent air from drying them out, as I too, have lagophthalmos (sp?). So, does the mask leaves any marks on your face after a night of sleep? Does it "cut in" to the skin anywhere in particular - i.e. bridge of nose, cheeks, under eyes? (the onyx ones just barely covered my larger sized eyes, and was a little painful where the edges of the cups put pressure around my eye sockets - almost like a too-tight swimming goggle). Are the silicone edges of this mask pretty soft as they claim?

Finally, I was under the impression that the 4 foam inserts they come with now were to be placed inside the eyecups (ala Tranquileyes). Did you not get these, or if you did, do you just not use them? Thank you for the feedback.
        Last edited by MGD666; 01-Aug-2014, 00:27.

Comment

Hi MGD666,
          I have a set of transquileyes, tried using but the edge of eyecup somehow press on the side of my left eye and making it bur. Not suitable for me. I have lagophthalmos too. Currently, am using a normal sleeping mask and it works better for me. The normal mask does leave a little gap at the nose area (hmm ... I have low nose bridge), just need something to shield my eyes from too much wind when sleep.
          Last edited by tealeaf; 31-Jul-2014, 21:14. Reason: clarity

Comment

Hi tealeaf - yes, I tried tranquileyes too and had issues originally with the foam irritating my skin. I was then told they also make "lined" foam as well - which is less irritating to my skin, BUT they only do so for the smaller version of tranquileyes - which I tried and liked, but the eyecups themselves were too small! Another case of "close, but not close enough" on the path to find things that will work to alleviate the dry eye problem...

On an unrelated note, did you order a pair of 7eye glasses yet? My "Panhead" frames are due in the mail tomorrow (I ordered with a prescription, clear, but with a blue mirror outside coating!)

Comment

Hi MGD,
              I have yet to order moisture chamber glasses. Am quite unsure since I have never tried. Have you tried 7eye Whirlwind? I don't think I can take glasses that are straight across the forehead area.I am thinking of trying tranquil hydrating glasses but they are not as pretty

Comment

tealeaf - I tried every one of the 7eye frames on and trialed 4 pairs at home before deciding on Panhead. This is really the only way to know if a given frame/seal will work for you in the long run. The Whirlwind and Cape were my favorites, but the eyecups were not quite large/wide enough for my eyes and face. If you do end up with the Eyeeco hydrating ones, I'd be very interested to hear how they work out for you.

Comment

MGD,
                  Did you try the 7eye frames at their shop or order from on-line? I am thinking to order and return if cannot fit. Just that it can be rather troublesome.

How do you like your "Panhead" frames with a blue mirror outside? Must be looking cool

Comment

I tried them on at a place here locally that carries both 7eye and Wiley-X. They let me take me home and trial 4 pairs. I can't stress enough the importance of finding somewhere to try them, or at least finding a retailer who will allow you to return them if they do not work out for you. My situation was made even more difficult due to the fact that I needed to have my prescription put in them. And yes, the Panhead frames did arrive a few days ago. The good news is that they fit well, the bad news is that the lab did a horrible job - they have annoying reflections despite AR coating, visible "ringing" on the glasses themselves towards the edges, a yellow tint when looking through (despite stressing I needed clear), and the mirror on the front is barely noticeable, and actually increases the distracting reflective qualities when looking through them. I'm afraid it's yet another setback... I have gone this far with all this though, I will not be denied, even if it takes me all year (the prospect of those Dr G scleral lenses are looking better every day!)

Comment

I just got back from Sydney seeing Dr Jim Kokkinakis at the Eye Practice. Nobody in my home state of Melbourne has a clue regarding dry-eye. Jim diagnosed me with Meibomian Gland Dysfucntion and Occular Rosacea but I also have Lagopthlamos which was 100% confirmed on this trip, I suspected it but he did a light test to confirm. I've tried both the Tranquileyes Goggles with foam pads and the Onyix Shield to very little success, still waking up with super sore, dry and tired eyes. In term of nighttime gels, Genteal Gel has been the best but thats not saying much, PolyGel and PolyVisc were both no good, about to try Vita Pos tonight.

What separates this product from the Onyix sheild? The Onyix was quite comfortable but had a really annoying strap and left your face with deep indentations from the shield when you awoke that would last most of the day causing me to discontinue using it. Its still a nightmare getting up each morning in pain and being so tired seemingly doing the right things.

Has anyone tried this eyeshield or had success with their nocturnal lagopthalmos with other eye masks, gels or ointments?

Comment

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
                        I can't stress enough the importance of finding somewhere to try them, or at least finding a retailer who will allow you to return them if they do not work out for you.
                        I can't find any retailer that sells moisture chamber in Singapore

the bad news is that the lab did a horrible job - they have annoying reflections despite AR coating, visible "ringing" on the glasses themselves towards the edges, a yellow tint when looking through (despite stressing I needed clear), and the mirror on the front is barely noticeable, and actually increases the distracting reflective qualities when looking through them. I'm afraid it's yet another setback... I have gone this far with all this though, I will not be denied, even if it takes me all year
                        Yes, have to get the lens fixed.

(the prospect of those Dr G scleral lenses are looking better every day!)
                        Are you considering getting the scleral lenses?

Comment

tealeaf:

Have you tried contacting the 7Eye in Japan? Just a thought...
                          http://www.7eye.com/Company-Contact-Information/

Of course, if you have to end up getting a pair, without the benefit of trying them on first, you could get them through the dry eye shop here.
                          I think Rebecca's return policy is pretty reasonable. If you decide to go 7eye (as opposed to Wiley or the TranquilEyes Moisture glasses) and need any further help making a decision on which frame might fight you best, feel free to PM me - I have a pretty good idea of how they all look and fit by now!

re: Scleral lenses: I am definitely considering them! If cost was not an issue, my fitting appointment would already be made! They are the one thing left that I am hoping may really help me (I realize that they will not be a cure of all that ails me, but they seem to have made a rather huge difference for some others here who have tried them, and Dr Gemoules (in Texas) and his lenses also appear to be the most affordable of all the various scleral lens options)

As another person who has them has mentioned though, moisture chamber glasses are still probably going to be needed regardless...

Comment

MGD,
                            I always have problem at the nose bridge area when comes to spectacles (due to low nose bridge). In your opinion, which moisture chamber glasses from 7eye is most suitable for me?

Comment

tealeaf - My suggestion for you would be the styles "CAPE" or "DIABLO" because they both have adjustable temple arms (3 or 4 different positions that you can easily switch to increase/decrease the length of the arms, and thereby how snugly they fit on your face)

Comment

Working...
                              X