Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance reimbursement for night protection devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance reimbursement for night protection devices?

Does any US members have experience/knowledge about getting insurance reimbursement for night protection devices, esp. in the case of severe exposure due to a non closing eyelid? Anything you could share would be much appreciated
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca,

Given the increase in deductibles, co-pays, and premiums for most holders of private insurance, I would say highly unlikely, unless it would be a post-op requirement (just speculating, of course). I couldn't get reimbursement here in GA for serum tears and I have one of the "average" sort of plans under a major carrier. Maybe someone from a different region of the country could chime in...

Comment

Not here in Boston. Not even getting free sample of eye drops anymore never mind anything necessary.

Comment

Hi, all.

My insurance (CIGNA) will not cover the night protection devices. They will, however cover PROSE lenses. Separately, my vision care insurance (EyeMed) will cover "medically necessary contact lenses" in FULL for patients of lasik induced dry eyes, keratoconous, and other eye diseases, including Stevens-Johnson induced dry eyes (my case), IF they are fitted by one of their participating providers. With regards to the serum drops, not one of the 4-5 different insurance companies in two different countries I have dealt with in the past few years would cover it. The serum drops are considered non-conventional treatment, and the insurance will not offer any coverage for it.

Comment

Working...
        X