This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL, Laser Resurfacing, Fraxel

Just a warning. I have had numerous chemical peels, laser resurfacing, Fraxel, and other various types of lasers on my face. All for vanity. To erase wrinkles. My last laser resurfacing was a deep one. They put metal shields IN my eyes. They put vaseline on them, then inserted the shields. When I had my laser treatment, they zapped me right at the lash line. My eyelashes were shriveled and burnt, but I was wrinkle free!!! I have done this three times. The other times I lasered my face they put plastic shields over my eyes.

In hindsight, I think some of my dry eye issues can be attributed to laser treatment and Retin A. I mean those meiobiam glands are tiny, sensitive structures and I have just allowed someone to laser them?

I've read that some Dry Eye Talk are trying IPL treatment for dry eye. I just want to throw out there......be careful. I thought LASIK was completely safe, FDA approved. I also thought all these facial laser treatments were safe, FDA approved. It would be terrible to make a bad condition worse by trusting the FDA to protect us, and by trusting doctors who assure us that a procedure is safe with few, rarely seen side effects.

Those of us on here due to LASIK have learned that hard lesson.
    Last edited by Cali; 05-Oct-2012, 15:08.

I couldn't agree more Cali. I have had to live with that mistake since January of this year. I was never told the risks of LASIK. I trusted that my doctor would do no harm. Now I know that harm can come from LASIK surgery. I live in pain every day.
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Working...
    X