Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patent for a new IPL device to work on eyelids (and eye)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patent for a new IPL device to work on eyelids (and eye)

I was trying to find some more information on IPL on the internet. I was trying Google Scholar to search when I found this patent application by Dr Boxer Wachler.
    http://www.google.com.au/patents?hl=...%20IPL&f=false

The patent application is from 2011 and I have no idea how it is progressing. I rang Dr Boxer Wachler's rooms this morning (in Santa Monica) but the person I spoke to was not very helpful, seemed not to know about the patent application and would not let me speak to anyone else.

In the application Dr Wachler talks about using the device to fix certain cosmetic problems in the eye as well as a treatment for Blepharitis. I am not sure how things work in the US, but I guess he would also need FDA approval to use the device. So perhaps it is years away. If anyone knows how to check on a patent application or FDA approval process with regard to this and could find out more it would be very interesting.

I think that if IPL (as currently performed by Dr Toyos and others) works at all, then IPL using a device that could be targeted on the eyelids would work much more effectively. So, so long as the device is also safe, this could be an exciting development.
Working...
X