This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL like at home with a new device the Q

A new device based on Red light technology increases tear break-up time in dry eye patients, this device can be used at home.
    it's name is the Q short for The Quantum.
    The investigators obtained tear break-up time data before and after treatment for 81 eyes. Dr. Toyos reported that the mean break-up time before treatment was 3.62 ± 2.05 seconds (range, 0.9 to 8.54 seconds). After treatment, the mean break-up time was 5.87 ± 2.95 seconds (range, 1.5 to 16.19 seconds). The difference between before and after treatment reached significance (P<0.001).
    see :

http://ophthalmologytimes.modernmedi...ients?page=0,0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XdKt4EjvLU

Thanks for sharing. Sounds interesting/effective.

Comment

Thanks for all your research Bob. This one sounds really exciting....F/G

Comment

I would be interested in buying this device!

Comment

you're welcome. i only did what all of you are doing, give to the others what we found here, hope and assistance .

Comment

I bought this. It's basically a $500 flashlight with vibration. When it dies, I'll try to make my own for much cheaper.

Don't know if it's helped me so far, but to be honest my MGD is terrible at this point and there's not a whole lot that I can do. I'm sure it will be helpful for other people though. Ophthalmology Times has an article about it. It mentions that patients' average TBUT increased from about 3 seconds to 5 seconds when using the device. If that's a fairly representative sample of MGD patients, then I think most people will benefit from it.

Dr. Toyos demonstrates how it works in this YouTube video. It seems like a good substitute for IPL (mechanism of action is very similar) and it may help increase the time between IPL treatments.
            What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
            Dry Eye Survey
            IPL Doctors
            Probing Doctors

Comment

i think, the trick is to find the right wave to give the right energy to the gland.if you do it your self it's better. be carrefull about the amount of energy

Comment

hi phitonidler i need information about the q device i am sufering with this and i cant take it anymore but is too expensive for me and i am not working right now i know its a red light led do you know the wave lenghts of this device maybe i can find something cheaper for this and i can stop doing warm compress and use this device thank you veryy much

Comment

hi i need some information about this device pls
                  Last edited by carmen46; 05-Aug-2018, 20:48.

Comment

[/QUOTE]

pythonidler hi phitonidler i need information about the q device i am sufering with this and i cant take it anymore but is too expensive for me and i am not working right now i know its a red light led do you know the wave lenghts of this device maybe i can find something cheaper for this and i can stop doing warm compress and use this device thank you veryy much

Comment

Working...
                    X