Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heated rice baggy vs. hormones changes

Hello,

My optometrist who I trust for my dry eye said I have aqueous deficient dry eyes and that I only have mild to no MGD. He recommended no rice baggy.

Well, the past week my eyes took a turn for the worse and were bothering me horribly when I first got up in the morning. They got slightly better in midday but still constant pain. Restasis and increased drops didn't help -- increasing wearing my wiley-x didn't do a whole lot.

So, out of desperation, I applied a heated rice baggy to my eyes for several minutes. No expressing. Throughout the day they felt better. Did it again the next morning and my eyes haven't felt this good in a while.

But, I also recently ended my period and I can feel some hormonal shifts going on. My question is: Did I get better because of the rice baggy or could hormone changes be related? I guess I won't really know until next month. Can aqueous deficiency cause MGD?

Re: confusing

I was told years ago by my ophthalmologist that dry eyes in the morning is indicative of MGD and therefore helped by warm compresses (or IPL) to express the glands.

Alternately, dry eyes towards the end of the day indicates aqueous deficiency and therefore other treatments are needed (restasis, plugs, etc.).

But I'm so confused now... I don't know if this is true.

I guess the thing is - you have to try it and if it works, continue... and if it doesn't, don't continue (even if someone is telling you to continue!).

As for myself, I've found no rhyme or reason or pattern to my eye issues!!

Comment

I thinks it's MGD, I my eyes often feel terrible in the morning but perk up after the heated rice baggy.

Comment

Working...
      X