Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is hot steem better than warm compreses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is hot steem better than warm compreses?

hi every one, what do u think about useing the hot steem from the humidifier as warm comp? when i hold my eyes infront of the steem feels really good, but i do not know if it opens up the glands! does any one know? can i use the steam as warm comp? it feels so much better than warm comp. Any idea? thanks.

I think it would work. I read somewhere that the steam of a shower is all it takes...

Comment

I use steam... the weight of a warm compress sticks my eyelids to my eyeballs ... steam doesn't do that, so I love it!

I just boil water in the kettle, then pour it about 3/4 inch deep into a rectangular container (it's about as wide as my face, and maybe 3 inches across)... I cup my hands around it to direct the steam around my eyes... works perfect!

Comment

thank u guys, I will try this for a while. It feels so much better than comp. I feel so traped in this dry eye world, my glands are very clogged.

Comment

The only thing I forgot to mention... When I first started doing this, I developed a wicked cough from inhaling all that steam every day... finally solved that problem by tying a dish towel around the lower half of my face to cover my nose/mouth (picture those cartoon bandits... that's me!)... With the towel in place, I can breath in the non-steamy air, yet still let my eyelids bask in the steam.

Never seen anyone else on the forums who uses steam mention that... so maybe it's just me... but thought I'd mention it just in case...

Comment

Working...
          X