X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid Scrubs AFTER cataract surgery

Hello Folks,
    After closing watching my cataracts form, my doctor said it is time to do cataract surgery. Having had dry eyes for over 20 years that are currently under control with punctual plugs and meticulous lid scrubs (MGD and inadequate tear production)

I a million questions for my doctor on how this would all affect my eyes. One of the most important questions I DIDN'T ASK was how in the world will I manage my lid scrubs after cataract surgery. For the last 18 years, I have to do lid scribs 3 - 4 times a day to remove the oily gooky debris on my eyelashes. I used baby shampoo and lather them up and rinse and my eyes are good for about 6 hours before I need to do again.

Reading all the literature about cataract surgery, it says you cannot press on your eye, get water in the eye for at least a week.

Has anyone had to manage this type of lid hygiene after cataract surgery? I know avoiding infection is critical in your recovery so this is really worrisome for me. How do you do lid scrubs when you can't touch, press or get water in your eyes?

Any insight is much appreciated!

Hello Like you I suffer with dry eyes etc and also need cataract surgery. I have to go back in 3 months to the eye hospital. They tell me that they won't do surgery until my eyes are in the best condition i can get them. I thought I was doing ok, obviously not. Like you i wonder how you can keep up with your cleaning regime if you can't touch your eye after surgery. I assume you would still be able to use your usual lubricant eye drop. So I have to really max out on hot compresses, scrubs etc. What regime do you use? If you do go for surgery soon I would be interested to know how you get on.

Comment

Working...
    X