This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of warm compress in clear meibomian fluid

I have been reviewing some of the older posts on MGD, and have not been able to find an answer to this question: Are warm compresses beneficial for MGD when the expressed fluid is already clear? Would warm compresses just add to the inflammatory response when oil is already thin and clear?

We have clear meibom, except in rosacea inflammation flareups when it dries up, but use daily warm compress to keep things moving and prevented infected obstruction. This is for chronic blepharitis though, which may not be you. But Dr L says in his threads, why express what you need - after we have effectively emptied the glands nothing appears for a whole morning so we don't do this, just a very gentle rub. Also http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ance-or-murder. But in rosacea flareups we use cooler compress and wait till it's over. Some people need cold for inflammation.

I think minimum intervention for effective maintenance but do you have MGD? Does your doc say you have a good lipid layer?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Doc says I have posterior bleph/membonitits. He gave me 100 mg. doxy. He says I have a very short TBUT (3 sec.).

I have post lasik dry eye, aqueous deficient and lipid deficient. I don't see much of anything when I express my glands, but what I do see is clear.

Comment

Working...
      X