Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else have red eyelids from warm compresses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else have red eyelids from warm compresses?

my eyelids are always really red. does anyone else have this..? i am wondering if i should see a dermatologist
    Jenny

I felt that warm compresses were very irritating. I use a Conair facial steamer. It is very effective for opening up the glands without irritating the lid and eye. The eyes feel like they have more moisture after I steam them.

Comment

a facial steamer? i wonder if i could use that since i have rosacea... thanks for responding.. do you find the steamer helps keep the glands open as well as the compress?
      Jenny

Comment

Jenny,
        The facial steamer is great. I don't know if it's a problem for rosacea. I don't know if it keeps the glands open, but it works well to open the glands for me to be able to express them and to cut down on the symptoms of MGD. The bonus for me is that I get a facial and my skin looks great. Maybe your dermatologist can tell you if using the steamer is a problem for rosacea.

Comment

Hi Jenny - the red lids is a part of rosacea & using a steamer is not recommened at all per my derm. It can cause broken capillaries andor a flare.

Comment

hey alison.. nice to meet you. what do you use to keep your glands open? warm compress? My eye doc is the one who said my lids are way too red-he didnt mention rosacea..? but i do have it.. are your lids super red?
            Jenny

Comment

Working...
            X