Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have experience with Blephastream?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have experience with Blephastream?

I recently discovered a medical device called Blephastream on a website where I often buy my eyedrops: http://www.dry-eyes.co.uk/acatalog/Blephasteam.htm

Information about the product copied from the website:

"Blephasteam is an innovative patented medical device, which delivers latent heat therapy around the eyelids and is designed to relieve symptoms due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). This dysfunction causes a certain number of eye irritations, such as dry eye syndrome."

Does anyone have experience with using this? I find it very interesting and concidering to give it a try (but it's on the pricy side though).

Toril :-)

Originally posted by Toril View Post
    I recently discovered a medical device called Blephastream on a website where I often buy my eyedrops: http://www.dry-eyes.co.uk/acatalog/Blephasteam.htm

Information about the product copied from the website:

"Blephasteam is an innovative patented medical device, which delivers latent heat therapy around the eyelids and is designed to relieve symptoms due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). This dysfunction causes a certain number of eye irritations, such as dry eye syndrome."

Does anyone have experience with using this? I find it very interesting and concidering to give it a try (but it's on the pricy side though).

Toril :-)
    I live in US. I think this looks like something that would be a lot better than what I'm using for warm compresses now. Would I have access to this? Would it require an RX ?

Comment

No, you don't need an RX (none of the products on the site require an RX). I'm not sure though it they ship to the US, but you could send them an e-mail and ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Toril View Post
        No, you don't need an RX (none of the products on the site require an RX). I'm not sure though it they ship to the US, but you could send them an e-mail and ask!
        It can be purchased and shipped to the U.S. www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk I'm also curious if anyone uses it and what they think.

Comment

I use the Blephasteam goggles. I prefer them to warm compresses because I have rosacea and I find the direct heat from the compress makes it flare up. If warm compresses help you then I wouldn't bother spending the money on Blephasteam goggles. They are £200 in the UK (approx $330). They help me a little but haven't made a huge difference.

Comment

I have been using BlephaSteam for about 1,5 years now and for me it made a huge difference. It helped me immensly! However, I have to remark: What I mean by "huge" is that it somehow was the first "thing" (counting everything from oral antibiotics, eye-drops to warm compresses etc.) that really made my eyes feel better. Objectively it didn't do any wonders at all. But since the condition of my eyes was so bad this small improvement I got by using BlephaSteam felt incredible.

Additionally, the advantage in comfort BlephaSteam has over normal warm compresses is also enormous. All in all, I'd say it's a great investment.

This is the official website TheaPharma created for selling it in germany. http://www.oftadirekt.de/ Price is ~ 210€, meaning it is roughly 70€ cheaper than on the website posted here.
            In the trade terms it says that they "only deliver to customers outside germany on individual request and checking". However, that means that there is the possibility of them delivering it to the States.

Edit:
            http://www.theapharma.de/kontakt/ This is the "main"-site of TheaPharma and the contact information.

Edit: Wow, this topic is ooold. Well, maybe it still is of interest for someone.
            Last edited by OompaLoompa; 01-Jul-2015, 23:22.

Comment

Hi,

I have been using Blephasetam for about three months, it hasn't done me any wonders to be honest. It also takes ages to warm up.

Comment

When my dry eye first started these helped a great deal, removed the Stinging (temporarily at the time) and relaxed the whole eye area which felt fatigued and sore. I've been using them for close to 5 months now, and they have been really helpful in combating the aches and pains. I now only use them every other day as they are so effective they were actually emptying all my oils out, and so my optometrist told me to cut back and use a cool mask afterwards too. I did not find they actually helped with the feeling of dryness unfortunately, but I've felt a great deal of improvement in all other aspects of dry eye related conditions (stinging, swelling, heavy dull ect) so for me, they are a good investment.
                Last edited by waterbee; 18-Oct-2015, 15:06.
                People have recovered, so can we.
                www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Originally posted by fourchimneys View Post
                  Hi,

It also takes ages to warm up.
                  Meaning exactly 15 minutes as described on the package insert.

Comment

Working...
                  X