Cold Compress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Compress?

Seeing as inflammation seems to play a role, is there any benefit from trying a cold compress?

Many patients apply cold compresses for temporary pain relief. I've never heard of it in connection with any lasting benefits, personally.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I have tried cold compresses when my burning is at its worst. It gives a bit of relief while it is on, but if it is too cold it gives me a headache. I find chilled eyedrops to be more soothing. Give it a try, it can't hurt (I don't think). Everyone is different. So much of managing this disorder is trial and error.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Seeing as inflammation seems to play a role, is there any benefit from trying a cold compress?
        Our eye pain may be different, but I am a lover of the cold compress. I also love the warm compress. I also love ICE. I get trigeminal pain in one eye and face area and only Vicodin and an icebag over the area works for me. I use (finally made a couple) of ricebags for warm compresses. I always HAVE to take either a warmed ricebag or an icepack when i go to sleep every night. It goes over the whole 1/4 of my face area.

Sometimes, it's impossible to have something warm, but we can almost always get a washrag damp and it's "cool" and I think soothing. A warm washcloth soon becomes cool anyhow, as we all know. I'm in favor of anything that makes you feel more comfortable, unless it's harmful.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X