Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to just do the warm compress/massage at night? opinions needed!! please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok to just do the warm compress/massage at night? opinions needed!! please!

since ive got ocular rosacea and bad allergies on top of MGD and sjogrens i notice when i do the warm compress in the am my left eye flares up for the rest of the day--is it ok to just do the warm compress at night before bed to keep the oil glands going ?? do any of you just do this at night?
    I think i have to give up my am routine as it makes me feel worse all day.. thoughts? input?
    Jenny

Jenny, I find that my eyes are bad the rest of the day after a shower. The moist heat is great when I am in the shower, but afterwards my eyes burn a lot through the day.

I don't think my meibomian glands are plugged, so I don't think passing on the heat/massage would be a problem for me. I just have to find a way to improve the quality of my tears and/or reduce surface inflammation so that what oil comes out, does not become foamy.

Comment

Hi Jenny,
      I have rosacea and mgd and if I don't do warm compresses three times a day, the glands get clogged. I really have to be careful not to make the compresses too hot or I have major eyelid issues, and my eyeballs feel swollen!

Comment

LaDiva.. how hot do u go? i microwave a rice baggie which is prob too hot..what do you use and for how long do you use it? do your eyes and eyelids get red afterward?
        Jenny

Comment

I can't use the heat baggies as the turn my eyelids into swollen tomatoes, I find the only thing at the moment giving me comfort is a shower everyday using simple wash with hot shower water trickling over my head down over my face .Then I rub some of the suds into the eyelids margins and then rub them dry with a towel. Also I have learnt not to apply cold water over my face after a hot shower as this causes problems to my hyper sensitive lids.

To be honest I haven't used artificial tears for two days as my eyes haven't felt dry or gritty and also onions made my eyes water today which is great cause usually I dot get watery eyes

Also wondering why my lids are thicker when I wake up then throughout the day they get a lot better
          "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Hi Jenny,
            Emailed you.

Comment

Working...
            X