Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are warm compresses supposed to make my eyes feel heavy/tired?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are warm compresses supposed to make my eyes feel heavy/tired?

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to ask if warm compresses are supposed to make your eyes feel tired and heavy? I've been doing them in the morning and before I go to bed and noticed that my eyes feel tired the whole day but when I don't do them, my eyes feel normal?

My doctor said that I have blepharitis so I need to do the warm compresses and lid cleaning with Q-tips dipped in distilled warm water but I just don't know why my eyes feel heavy after doing the compresses.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

-Nathan
    Last edited by Nathan; 19-Feb-2012, 03:06.

Nathan, Hi, I was never told I had Blepharitis, but when I first developed DES, I did try the warm compresses, and they made things much worse for me, I have had to find that when something is not working, or making things worse, I just need to listen to my body and stop, I'm not saying ignore your Dr. but they do not always have all the answers, please tell them what is happening, and see if they suggest anything differently, I've had many unfortunate experiences of after telling a Doc, that this or that eye drop, for instance, makes my eyes worse, turn around and tell me just to keep using it?? Don't understand that but my eyes are much better now. we have to experiment with things, because I think our dry eyes can be so different, even with the same diagnosis. Hang in there. Have you tried cool compresses? Just a thought they make mine feel so much better. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X