Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After daily 15 min shower I feel normal for a few hours??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After daily 15 min shower I feel normal for a few hours??

It's weird when I have a shower it's the only time I feel normal, no swelling ,no redness,no pain

I shower for 15-20 mins in hot steam and after 10 mins I massage my eyelids for 20 seconds in circular gentle motions and then I do gentle tapping on the lids followed by 10 horizontal sweeps.

I press on the lids for a few secs and don't see any oil

What does this mean? Doesn't it mean the glands are releasing oils and that's why I feel much better. It makes me realise that no drops can replace natural tears
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

I don't feel the need to use drops after a shower as my eyes feel ok or should I still use the drops? When I look at my eyes after drops I can see patches in the tear film ?
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

This is great, Hypes, sounds like you're looking after mgd/blepharitis well with the steamy shower. I can't always see meibom on gently pressing upwards under lower lash line but if there's blurry vision, you've done a great job! Can't think why you'd use drops if you didn't need them.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

The Humidity from a shower is a massive help, as is closing your eyes (giving them a rest) while in shower, If i looked in the mirror with the right light and at the right angle, i could also see what looked like oil patches in the tear film.
        Keep an open mind about the eyelid massaging. There was a topic on here a while back about over doing it, looking back, i definatly was!...

Comment

I agree with Colin you can definitely over do massaging the eyelids. I found that i felt better after showers about 5 years ago and have been taking 2 showers daily ever since. Just be careful because your skin is most likely to get a lot drier and the use of moisturizers becomes important if you do this. I think the showers help because of the humidity and the water from the shower being able to clean any debris from the eye area.

Comment

Thanks colin and dave...

If i looked in the mirror with the right light and at the right angle, i could also see what looked like oil patches in the tear film

Colin thats what i see before i have showers, i can always see broken oil patches in the tear film After i shower i have no patches and my eyes feel normal..but when there bad i see the patches.

Can you suggest how much time and how much pressure i should be doing when massaging the lids...currently i do it with medium pressure and for roughly 20 secs per eye .....also how would i know if im overdoing it?

Little mermaid after a shower i can see what looks lie a line or split divide along the eyelid margin after 5 mins its gone

Oh yeh my eyelids skin do look more wrinkles and looser since i have had MGD/bleph, also is it normal to have red veiny eyelids with this condition. MAybe i should use a anti wrinkle cream on my upper lids to firm them up and soften the wrinkles. I did buy a ALDI depuffer eye caffiene rollon, which has hylauronic acid in it..do you think thats ok to use on the upper lids delicate skin or do you think it will seep into the eyes and irritate them

http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspo...e-roll-on.html

Comment

Hiyas Hyper! there is no 'one size fits all' with lid massages. I'm sure the best advice is on the forum somewhere? perhaps someone could provide link?.
              But if youre gonna do it? best bet, in the shower warm (not scalding) on closed eyes (loosens any clogged oil? and heat opens the glands) 10 gentle vertical with pad of index finger, then 10 gentle horizontal with pad of little finger from nasel corner to outer corner of lid. Both lids of course- top and bottom!.
              I reccomend shower, as when i was doing heat from rice baggy, i was losing eye lashes into my eyes, as the heat was also opening eye lash glands as well as Meibomiun oil secreting glands.
              The shower is obviously helping- may i also reccomend a WARM mist Humidifier, a good one you can get from Argos for about £25. Dont get cold mist, or a 'de'-humidifier. Does the same job as a shower!. If your bedroom is say 12m square? get one that does 20m square! will work twice as good, and a hygrometer to measure the room humidity are about a fiver of ebay!.
              Hope some of this info helps?.

Comment

Working...
              X