Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I attempt to pop a stubborn capped gland or continue heat massage?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I attempt to pop a stubborn capped gland or continue heat massage?

Right I finally bottled it up and decided to do a facial steam despite getting eyelid inflammation from previous attempts ...I basically did a 5 minute facial steam and a applied a little vaseline to the skin above the lids before Steaming,

Bottom line is that I didn't get raw inflammed lids or exzema patches on brow bone skin but just notice a bit of redness and slight vascularisation and a slight wrinkly appearance where the eczema patches formed before...would it be ok to apply Vaseline to the lids as well and should I apply thick layers of vaseline or just a smudge of it?

Good news is my eyes feel so much better already no greasiness or burning..hoorayyyyyy!! But when I inspected my upper lids I noticed some stubborn white lines in the upper lids which are obviously blocked glands and steam and massage didn't seem to budge them ?? So now what should I do? should I do the steaming for longer or try a different massage technique...at present just rubbing the lids in circular motion for 20 seconds per lid and I did try push with a cotton bud against the lid but it hurt me eye! Hope I didn't damage it ! ...or should i do a few more steam sessions to see if it will unblock or just try to pop the with cotton wool buds myself?

Thanks guys and gals..
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Hi Hyper,
    This works for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1LLFgdw9Z0. Put the Q-tip in some warm water and squeeze it out before you try the youtube thing. Also, I quit using water/washcloths/steam and started using Rebecca's rice baggy. My eyelids are in much better shape, and they were a mess before. A little vaseline on the lids won't hurt unless you are allergic. I asked the dermatologist if it was OK, and use a little at night before bed. If the weather is cold, the vaseline really helps. Good luck.

Comment

Hi

I tried that method and it still wouldn't pop I'm just worried it may turn into a chlazion if they don't clear up

Don't you just use 2 cotton buds one on the inner lid and one on the outer lid and then just push against the edge or is it more complicated than that? Also would it be better to try it after steaming..

Please help..
      "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Hypes, Are you getting infected chalazia?
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Mermaid i dont think so? As i dont have any lump inside the lid.. and all see white line or gland and the area lid is just a bit swollen.

Comment

Can you have a look under someone else's normal eyelids to compare, to reassure you? I am thinking white lines are normal. There are very varying degrees of red/white under people's eyelids once you start looking. Cherry red inflammation would be more worrying. A strange thing to ask a friend, I know...
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi hyperhead
              Its a long time since i posted
              I consider that i manage my MGD/dry eye problems pretty well
              I have been steaming my eyes for years now -- It works for me
              In order to unblock the individual glands after steaming i press along each lid with my finger and thumb being careful to pull the lid away from the eyeball I am able to use as much pressure as i feel the need.Of course i keep my nails short and wash my hands with antibacterial wash -and rise them.This works for me
              Also i use vasaline on the outer lids too

Comment

Working...
              X