Tips for Traveling/How to Heat Warm Compress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Traveling/How to Heat Warm Compress

Hi, I'm at a point where I'm sort of doing ok. Every once in a while wearing goggles inside my home...wearing sunglasses outside. We are living in Europe and want to go see Ireland in October with our 3 kids. I think I can do it. However, I feel bad that I slow my family down. I have to sleep a lot (maybe 9.5 hours or 10) to prevent my eyes from being really bad each day (plus I'm convinced that being in pain a lot of the day completely wears the body down and makes it so I need more sleep) and my husband still doesn't really understand...or at least he gets frustrated with it/me. Anyways, if I do go on this trip, I'll need to do warm compresses 2x a day...any tips for heating my eye bag while staying in a hotel or B&B?

We are using Blephasteam goggles for travelling. They are French marketed through UK so come with Euro and UK plugs. They are overpriced at £200, I feel, but make life easier for travelling if you've got a plug. Otherwise we have used boiled water and flannel, but it gets cold quickly so you need to prepare two flannels.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

If you have access to a microwave, you can bring a rice-filled sock. Frequently, though, I bring along a couple of washcloths (I've found that in Europe, it can be hit or miss whether they are provided), and use warm water from the sink and, in the morning, while I'm in the shower. It's not the most ideal way to do a compress but it works all right. For a while I used TranquilEyes but it wasn't always feasible to get them back to the point where I could use them again if I didn't have access to a kitchen.

Comment

Working...
      X