Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

extreme dry skin around eyes -should i stop the warm compresses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extreme dry skin around eyes -should i stop the warm compresses?

i do the daily warm compresses and put a wet papertowell around the rice baggy.. however, my eyelids andunder my eyes are so ext dry (i have sjogrens too).. should i lay off the heat?? i know its drying me out.. help!!! eyecream doesnt do a thing.. any advice???
    Jenny

I put vasiline on skin when I had this and it worked.

Comment

ok thanks.. maybe at night esp??? did your skin get more moist? did u still do the compresses? thanks!
      Jenny

Comment

I take a sock and put rice in it and heat until warm. I don't do the paper towel. i think that dries your skin out more. I think I did stop the compresses for a day or two and kept the vasiline on my skin. If you have roseacia, check to make sure putting that on your skin is ok.

Comment

Not sure if this will help but here is what I do:
          - Hot compresses never worked well for me because I could never get the bag or towel or clothe to the right temperature for any more than 1 or 2 minutes.
          - Furthermore, I would often burn the skin under and around my eyes, and I'd give myself terrible wrinkles even though I'm still a pretty young guy.
          - So instead what I do is I stand under a hot shower spray for anywhere from 3-10 minutes (10 minutes is a really long time and I don't usually do it for this long) and let the constant heat of the shower spray warm up my eyelids.
          - Then I get out the shower and excrete my meibomian glands with a Q-Tip. I can literally see the oil come out.

As a bonus, while I'm 25 now and have a wrinkle or two under my eyes, so does everyone else my age, so my skin around my eyes doesn't look any different from my friends' skin. In other words, I healed from the previous damage I did to myself when I overdid the heat of the hot compresses.

One last thing: I've never tried them, but people seem to be talking about blephasteam goggles. They're expensive and only sold in Europe as far as I know, but I may consider them some day if none of the next things on my list of things to try work out.

Comment

Working...
          X