This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive eye lid scrub ideas..

I have had dry eyes for years and have had chronic blephritis that has left my eyes permanently red. Only recently has a doctor diagnosed me with blephritis linked to a skin condition I have, that causes my skin to shed more quickly than most people. Ichthyosis causes the skin around my eye lashes to build up an excess of dead skin. I have been doing the typical warm compress and lid scrubs 2x day for over a year and have seen some relief but there is still a fair amount of dead skin around my eye lashes that gets in my tear film and causes the chronic blephritis.

Does anyone have any ideas for a more aggressive device to use when doing lid scrubs? In the shower I use a pumice stone to get the dead skin off the rest of my body. Has anyone seen a mini pumice stone or more abrasive type of Q-tip. Of course I am cautious about the skin of the eye lid being more sensitive and delicate but the standard Q-Tip just isn't cutting it for me.

/////////////////////
    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:09.

Comment

Originally posted by benito334 View Post
      Does anyone have any ideas for a more aggressive device to use when doing lid scrubs?
      I worry about the word "scrub" only because you should be very careful (and you know that). So, I mention this as a suggestion... but I don't know if it will work.

In the "old days" when I wore mascara etc., I would use an eyelash comb and brush to separate and smooth my lashes. Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Maybelline-Yor...s=eyelash+comb

I believe other posts have mentioned using this tool to help remove debris from lashes. It should be available at any drug store.

Good luck and let us know if you find something that works for you.

Comment

Benito, Do you think a gentle oil would keep your eyelids comfortable and loosen the dead skin? There is such a danger of making your eyes sore, when you are needing to keep all the functions healthy. We are trying various tea tree solutions to clean the eyes for blepharitis from acne rosacea, as Hankm. We're keeping these to a minimum of what's needed for maintenance but it's looking very good so far although I'm expecting soreness in chronic use, then we'll try something else gentle, antibacterial and antifungal for a bit, like honey. Good dermatologists sometimes recommend rotating treatments to avoid sensitivities developing and improve tolerance. Wish you the best comfort x
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Thanks for the good info! One thing I forgot to ask. Does anyone know of a lotion or moisturizer that is safe to use on the eye lid/lash area? After I scrub I need to moisturize much like I do for my skin.

Comment

/////////////////////
            Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:09.

Comment

Working...
            X