Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, warm compresses make my eyes worse. They get more inflamed which just blocks the mgs. I find doing the least bit possible to my eyelids helps.

Comment

Took me 2 years to confirm what my limits are, and what good advice for me personally is a no-no.
      I dont have M.G.D or Blepharitis, but unfortuantly Aqueas defficiency. I have had the total dryness, and all the various symptoms, like nerve pain, eye itself feeling like it was too big for the socket and more. I'm stuck with the not being able to drive for long, maybe 40mins tops during the day, and 5 mins at night(darkness) the vehicle lights make driving feel like i've got someone's glasses on. That woooah! feeling and you wrench them off your head straight away. I dont wear glasses, eye sight is perfect, and never get red eyes. Watching T.V has to be limited to 30 mins, same for computer use- for which i turn brightness right down and wear sunglasses(i know). Oh and when driving, even during the day the visor MUST be down, blocking light from sky. Heating in car must be turned done to 15 maybe? turned to cold position, and pointing downwards with all vents closed, but passanger window down a touch to let fresh air circulate a little.
      Not everyone has the freedom to change there hours at work or maybe stuck in an office?. I had to change my hours so i commence work when everyone else has done an Elvis, and left the building. I turn all the heating off immediatly, i work stuck in one spot so avoid walking about and getting a face full of bad air. I can last 45mins, then rest of day work outside which is a must. Whilst out, i snack 3 or 4 times, rather than a proper dinner, for some reason eating and going through my litre bottle of water whilst out and about subsides my discomfort, which enables me to last till 4pm with no pain, and at worst, slight discomfort- nothing compared to when this all started. I can be home for 4pm(ish) ensure heating is OFF when i am home, then take an eye break-recouperate for maybe 40mins when tea will be ready, so long as avoid any forced air or heating i will survive till bedtime, and the routine starts again the next day.
      Upon waking up, i can open my best eye(left) keeping right eye closed make my way to bathroom rinse face with warm water jump back in bed and summen 5 or 6 decent yawns over 2 or 3 mins which soak my eyes and am then able to open ok, i take my dog out in the fresh air for 10mins a light bite to eat followed by half an hour in the shower, which will see me through till dinnertime if i can avoid any heating whatsoever. No drops or masks- nothing!.
      6 months ago, this was unthinkable, it has to be a gradual withdrawl and the flexibility to get 7-8 hrs sleep at night and a late afternoon lie down.
      That's how i manage it anyhow... Were all different and have different symptoms and strains, what's good for the goose, aint always good for the gander as the saying goes. You need to find your own way home, but it is possible, constant learning, getting your own mental health back on side is crucial and avoiding what you know is bad is what needed. Ideally you should never put anything in your eyes, but out of neccesity remember not all eye drops are good for each individual. You need to find one that is nuetral to you and dont add temporary insult to injury.
      Bathing my face in warm water(a couple of spalshes), fresh air and food without doubt sorts me out for a time. As well as if need be just staring out into space while laying back and watching the world go by(not had to do this for a while now) non moving objects like trees or clouds gives the eyes a break instead of tv or a book.

Right my 30mins is nearly up.

Toot-Toot.
      Colin..
      Last edited by Colin P; 20-Jan-2013, 09:05.

Comment

Are you getting inflammation?

Dry eye patient easily got that, if the eye got sored and looks strange, rest no help, only anti-inflamatory eye drops helps.

Comment

Working...
        X