This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasik MGD warm compresses and massage very bad outcome

I'd need yours opinion on this: I was advised to begin doing warm compresses and massage... I'm 14 months post lasik with MGD and all the related stuff...however I've tried it in the past but it seemed that my eyes would become far more drier after the compresses and far more irritated after the massage; in the last couple of days I began to do again the warm compresses and the result is the same: drier and more irritated eyes for at least a couple of hours after.... I have to say that I use the MGD eyebag so it's not like I overheat something, I take very good care to use it properly at exactly the temperature needed to ease the MG..
    Is this normal? Is anybody here experiencing the same thing? Maybe us the lasik people are more prone to irritation and have far more sensitive eyes than the other dry eyes sufferers or is it the case even for people with other dry eyes cases?
    I do not know what to do because on the other hand I wouldn't like to get more clogged mg..
    I would greatly appreciate your replies.
    Many Thanks
    Cristina
    PS I was told by many doctors that I don't have ocular rosacea as I understand that for the ones with this condition the warm compresses further irritates the eyes

I have MGD and dry eye, no LASIK or ocular Rosacea either. the compresses also irritate my eyes big time so I only use them at night before bed. In the morning I will just have a super hot shower and express the glands after... I think the compresses are super important though. Over Christmas I never used them (family stuff, I was busy) A few weeks later I paid for it big time.. My lids r still inflamed n I can't get them to go down!! I wouldn't stop, they may be helping more than u think, but maybe just do it before bed so u won't feel the irritation all day..

Comment

I've noticed that the warm compresses do provide benefit when it is done over a period of time. One eye doc suggested I do it for at 15-20 min 3X a day at the minimum, said try and work in a 4th time on the weekend if the day allows.

When I started, i believed the compresses dried out my eyes more, but i think that was just the heat making my skin more sensitive. And when i started i was only doing 3-5 min once or twice a day. I've noticed that doing them longer and more frequent has helped somewhat. After compressing and massage I put in 2-5 drops and it makes my eyes feel pretty good. I just wish that sensation lasted longer.

I'm going on 15 months post LASIK and still struggling, but i have noticed that the more frequently and longer the compresses, the less drops I need to use throughout the day.

Comment

thank you both for answering my question. is there anybody who is experiencing the same symptoms after warm compresses? i desperatly need your advice.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cristi View Post
          thank you both for answering my question. is there anybody who is experiencing the same symptoms after warm compresses? i desperatly need your advice.......
          I too have lasik dry eyes... Some people have mentioned wetting a tissue and placing it as a moisture barrier between the eyes and the bag. I do this and my eyes seem to like it. I do 10 min 2x day. Hope this is helpful

Comment

Working...
          X