This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm compresses when you don't have a microwave

I've found that if you do not have access to a microwave whether you are in a hotel room, cruise ship, at work, etc, that all you need is a washcloth and a large ziplock bag.

Turn on the tap water to get it HOT, then run the washcloth under the hot water, then put the washcloth (without ringing the water out) directly into the ziplock bag, zip it shut, and that makes a nice warm compress.

Sometimes I would carry a dry washcloth in a clean ziplock bag, when I go to work or when I'm in a hotel room.
    RG
    "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

RG- That is an excellent point for others. I take a dry, clean washcloth anywhere I might be able to rest my eyes. One is when we are traveling and hubby is driving. We will be vacationing soon and I'll be using this hint. Thanks, lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy, I'm glad I was able to help ! I saw this done on a TV show except it was how to make a warm compress for aching muscles and of course it can be directly applied to the warm compresses we use for our lids.
      RG
      "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

Comment

One other option that I've used is the disposable hand warmers that I put in my gloves on cold ski days.

http://www.amazon.com/Grabber-Hand-W...s=hand+warmers

Comment

Working...
        X