X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Therapearl / Thermabeads?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has tried or currently uses Therapearl?

I'm finding my heat compresses are becoming less effective and difficult to manage due to inconsistency in heat.

I've looked up heat solutions and eye masks, but these I find might be too expensive in the long run and may need to be replaced often.

So I've found this pearl/bead eye mask called Therapearl (Thermabeads in the UK). They're microwaveable and can be put in the fridge.

Apparently they last a good 30 times or so before wearing down, so would do me a good two weeks, but I'm weary about putting anything over my eyes!

Was wondering if anyone here uses them or has tried?

Thanks!

Jorgec3,

I'm not familiar with those ones. But if you're looking for something durable, microwaveable, with beads, in that kind of general size (as opposed to the individual-eye types like thermoeyes beads) I would suggest the Bruder Medibeads. I tried it out a year or so ago and thought it was effective and well made. If I remember right, it can be washed pretty easily too though you may want to check on that.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I have a TheraPearl mask and it works quite well as a moist heat mask. I'm not sure how many times I've used it, but I think more than thirty and it is still fine. I got it at Rite Aid for $10.00 as I recall. I found it more effective than the ThermalOn mask which is fabric. I also like that it can be put in the freezer and works well as cold therapy for a headache.

Comment

How long do you heat it up in teh mircrowave? i think i am going to order one from walgreens..its not sold in stores here... thanks!

Originally posted by maf19 View Post
        I have a TheraPearl mask and it works quite well as a moist heat mask. I'm not sure how many times I've used it, but I think more than thirty and it is still fine. I got it at Rite Aid for $10.00 as I recall. I found it more effective than the ThermalOn mask which is fabric. I also like that it can be put in the freezer and works well as cold therapy for a headache.
        Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
          How long do you heat it up in teh mircrowave? i think i am going to order one from walgreens..its not sold in stores here... thanks!
          Not long, like 20 to 25 seconds in my microwave gets it plenty warm.

Comment

thanks! i tend to overheat stuff so i will be careful then so i dont ruin it !

Not long, like 20 to 25 seconds in my microwave gets it plenty warm.
            Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
              thanks! i tend to overheat stuff so i will be careful then so i dont ruin it !
              Yeah - if you overheat it then it will inflate like a balloon and stress the seams. I've done it once or twice and it held up ok, but Im sure that it's not good for it. Not to mention that it will be too hot to put on your face anyway!

Comment

My TheraPearl mask has been helpful, too. (Also from Rite Aid, $10.00) I have used it ever since I was diagnosed with DES, early April 2013. I don't apply it ofen enough, I know that! But I often use it at the office; I just heat it for 10-11 sec in the microwave oven there.

Comment

Working...
                X