This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Compress

I have dry eyes and want to try out warm compress. Currently I have been using a wash cloth in warm water. I saw this was recommended somewhere and wondering if this will help the same? Or do I need something that gives off moisture?

https://www.amazon.ca/TheraPearl-NA-...rds=therapearl

I use that TheraPearls thing, and like it. You can wash it with soap and water, and it plasters down well to my eyes. Wet wash cloths chafed my lids and didn't stay warm. Everyone is different, so you just have to play around to see what works best for you. I used rice baggies for a long time, but the pearl bag makes a better contact with the lids, and so I get better source of direct heat. My favorite was a cloth baggie filled with little pearls, but washing it was awful, so I went to plasticas.

Comment

I use a small zip-lock plastic bag, 1/2 fill it with water and heat in microwave for 1 minute.

Comment

A washcloth is only going to retain heat for 1-2 minutes which is not enough. I recommend you get a warm compress bag/mask that's designed, or look up the Bundle Towel warm compress method (http://korbassociates.com/assets/bun...structions.pdf).

Comment

Use a proper mgd mask like Thera pearl I have one they are ok, I guess better than a wet wash cloth that you have to repeatedly warm up again and again.

Comment

i use a facial steamer with a towel over my head it does work

Comment

I have a theory - going to start working on it. When you want to dry something out, you throw it in a bag of rice. So that can't be good for something you want to keep moist, can it? I am going to start putting a moist wash cloth across my eyes, with the rice bag on top to keep it warm. Will let you know.

Comment

I use oval cotton pads, the ones made for makeup, in warm water. I found they were just the right size to fit over the eye, and a sleepmask holds them in place nicely.

Comment

I used the rice bag sold at the dryeye zone store, put it in a plastic bag, heat it in the microwave. Then I wet cotton circle pads, put them on my eyes and put the plastic bag on top.

Comment

Originally posted by herefishy View Post
                    I have a theory - going to start working on it. When you want to dry something out, you throw it in a bag of rice. So that can't be good for something you want to keep moist, can it? I am going to start putting a moist wash cloth across my eyes, with the rice bag on top to keep it warm. Will let you know.
                    I do something similar. I heat up two of the microbead eye compresses in the microwave and put a wet piece of cloth between the bags and my eyes. Its convenient because its wet and I could also wash it easily every time before use.

Comment

The rice-bag method is a fantastic, cheap means of warm compress. 1/2 cup DRY rice in a clean sock, put in microwave for about 25 seconds or so. Make sure before you apply directly to skin it's not too hot. Don't want to scald the skin.

Probably wouldn't do the plastic bag in the microwave. I can't imagine the enormous amount of chemicals released heating cheap plastic like that.

Comment

Hmmm ... maybe I'll try putting the rice bag in the plastic bag after it is heated up. I use the plastic bag so that I can put wet cotton pads on my eyes.

Comment

I use ThermalOn Dry Eye Moist Heat Compress. It molds/shapes really well to eyes and provide moist heat for 5-10 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-243...Bcompress&th=1

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
                            I use ThermalOn Dry Eye Moist Heat Compress. It molds/shapes really well to eyes and provide moist heat for 5-10 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-243...Bcompress&th=1
                            +1 for this. Just buy a heat mask - they're not that expensive and will probably last longer than a rice bag.
                            What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
                            Dry Eye Survey
                            IPL Doctors
                            Probing Doctors

Comment

Working...
                            X