Compress is the only thing working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compress is the only thing working

I've suffered with my dry eye for 8 months so far and I find that doing warm compresses is the only thing helping. Before, I only did it for like 5 minutes each time without reheating using my thermalon compress(Like a rice bag). It had barely any effect. When I bumped up the sessions to 3 times a day doing the compresses for 10-15 minutes with 3 reheats, I noticed much more relief. Though when I use the computer or play a game for as little as 30 minutes to an hour, my eye sight gets slight double sight and dry. Nothing else is working besides eye compresses. Do I have to do these compresses like this for the rest of my life? Is someday my eye pain will magically start lessening if I continue doing compresses like this? It's been 1-2 months since I started this increased compresses. I really don't want to continue doing these compresses for the rest of my life, it's starting to make my face weird. I think I'm noticing dark circles and red spots(from small burns :P). I just want some more help with my eye problems. I also notice that when I yawn, my right eye brings out less tears. My right eye is worse than my left eye which is really annoying. For example when I play a game for an hour, my right eye gets a lot more double vision and drier than my left eye.

I have the same problem with the dark circles under my eye. I used to do compresses for about 5 min once a day but for the last 6 months do 3 times a day for 15 min and it has helped. I have also found mg expression to be helpful as well. I haven't had IPL or Lipiflow yet but that is supposed to have a longer lasting effect than compresses. It is something to look into. In the mean time good luck with the compresses

P

Comment

Originally posted by patientpatrick View Post
      I have the same problem with the dark circles under my eye. I used to do compresses for about 5 min once a day but for the last 6 months do 3 times a day for 15 min and it has helped. I have also found mg expression to be helpful as well. I haven't had IPL or Lipiflow yet but that is supposed to have a longer lasting effect than compresses. It is something to look into. In the mean time good luck with the compresses

P
      Dude I have the same problem! I wish I could do them longer! I used to do them for 15 minutes per session, 3 reheats but it took too long so I shorten them sometimes. Do you know how to do the mg expression properly? I think my only problem with my eyes is with my meibomian glands and oils.

Comment

I have another question. Since doing these compresses for a long time helps much more, what if one day I did warm compresses super long. Like for 30-45 minutes. Would that extreme compressing maybe relieve so much and unclog so much clogged meibomian glands that my eyes turn back to normal? Is it worth a shot?

Comment

HI! my doctor told me i have to start warm compressing, but apparently I'm doing this wrong...I'm using a washcloth for 5 min...it gets cold really fast. What is a thermalon compress? Where do you get this? Do you microwave it? I have a thing with rice in it for my shoulders...and I microwave it...is that what you are talking about?
          thanks
          marianne

Comment

Originally posted by MarianneB View Post
            HI! my doctor told me i have to start warm compressing, but apparently I'm doing this wrong...I'm using a washcloth for 5 min...it gets cold really fast. What is a thermalon compress? Where do you get this? Do you microwave it? I have a thing with rice in it for my shoulders...and I microwave it...is that what you are talking about?
            thanks
            marianne
            http://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-2434...n+eye+compress

you just put it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and done. It retains heat waaay longer than a washcloth.

Comment

We use a homemade rice bag in a small trainer sock, an MGDRx eyebag, Blephasteam goggles, 2 damp flannels microwaved together for when the first goes cold, or just a hot flannel in the bath, or just an eyerub in a warm shower. Whatever is convenient. The goal is to keep the eyes clean and the eye glands open and moving.

Romeodakins, Are you staring at the screen too long? Your eye surface is drying out terribly if you are getting vision problems while you are computer gaming. Can you stop till your eyes heal?
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                We use a homemade rice bag in a small trainer sock, an MGDRx eyebag, Blephasteam goggles, 2 damp flannels microwaved together for when the first goes cold, or just a hot flannel in the bath, or just an eyerub in a warm shower. Whatever is convenient. The goal is to keep the eyes clean and the eye glands open and moving.

Romeodakins, Are you staring at the screen too long? Your eye surface is drying out terribly if you are getting vision problems while you are computer gaming. Can you stop till your eyes heal?
                Usually when I do focusing work like reading or playing a game for like an hour on the computer and I get off I get slight double vision. Would continuing this habit give permanent damage to my eyesight? Sometimes I need to use the computer for work and stuff so no I can't get off it completely(I can for a period temporarily but not for long term)

Comment

Working...
                X