Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I press against my eyelids I can't see anything come out?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I press against my eyelids I can't see anything come out?

If I apply pressure with my fingertips or a cotton bud on my lower lash line (I can see my Meibomian Glands) for about 15 seconds, I don't see anything come out atall, even in a slightly magnified mirror. I read how a healthy gland should produce a small amount of clear oil but blocked can be of toothpaste consistancy in a yellow colour, but I seem to get nothing come out atall.

Does that mean its so blocked it won't come out? That the blockage is further down the glands?

Sometimes, I feel a blockage and I press slightly and do feel it 'pop' out.

It's not necessarily going to be visible to you (at least not without very high power magnification). Drs. use a slitlamp (microscope) to examine secretions when expressing the glands.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I have a magnifying mirror, and can see the oil if the light is right, or I am holding a flashlight. Try heating the glands, use a Q-tip, and then roll your pointing finger up towards the glands and press. (I've only been able to get this to work on my bottom lids.) Sometimes you can urge some thick build-up out of the glands. I cannot see the oil without a strong magnifying mirror, and some good light.

Comment

Working...
      X