Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulsating Warm Water Shower Head for MGD Lid Massage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulsating Warm Water Shower Head for MGD Lid Massage?

I've been trying to think of ways to mimic the Lipiflow idea at home. It appears Lipiflow is similar to milking a cow. sorry, can't think of a better way to describe it!

Was wondering if using one of those intermittent pulsating shower heads on gentle pressure with warm water would be better than the warm compresses & manual lid massage.

Has anyone tried this? Is there a doctor online who could maybe say not a good idea, possible damage, ect.,?

My husband made a joke about using the Water-Pik dental system. It made sense but doesn't sound practical or safe.

I'm so desperate for relief. I'm in a really depressed mood because of my eyes hurting so much. A month on 100 mg Doxycyline twice a day hasn't really calmed my ocular rosacea down. And I HAVE to do warm compresses & lid massage twice daily for MGD.

What do you mean you HAVE to do the warm compresses? I have ocular rosacea too and they make my eyes 10x worse. Also, I dont know about the shower idea because getting water in your eyes is bad I think. Also wouldnt it try out your face and maybe make your rosacea worse? I hear you though on wanting some relief. I am going to get my hormones checked tomorrow (at 31 can I be going through menopause?) and on Monday I'm getting the lipiview. I'm excited for both and think the 50.00 lipiview test will be telling in that it tests oil layers and the blinking.
    The desperate mood thing is very scary. I see a therapist and we are working on biofeedback. I tried anti-anxiety and depressants but didnt have any luck on them.

Comment

i try to reply much more often but t hardly ever goes thru. is there something wrong w the site? a warm shower is always a big help for my eyes i let it run over my closed eyes for several minutes it's especially good when my eyes are especially bad.

Comment

I agree less is more . just try warm steamy shower with eyedrop prior . but i totally avoid water on face while in shower . i have one every morning no matter what and it helps start the day and milk eyes

I stopped warm compress i think long term they where bad and my eyes needed a rest from all gadgets etc.
        http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Lid massage, if you have obstruction, is not recommended.

Comment

I have ocular rosacea as well. I do feel warm compresses help but if my face is flaring it can be uncomfortable. I heard doing warm followed by cold is good for us. I do this if the warm seems to bother me. Usually, my problem is with the clogged glands so the compresses give me the most relief. The scrubs and massage is what causes me the most discomfort. I guess it's highly individual and trial and error are the only way to know what helps you. I keep a pain journal now and that's really helped me see what helps and what doesn't.

Comment

I would totally agree ..any worm.hot /steam applications make it worse.. Raising testosterone ,,Serum drops and HA drops works for me..under the same conditions

Originally posted by Almondiyz View Post
              I've been trying to think of ways to mimic the Lipiflow idea at home. It appears Lipiflow is similar to milking a cow. sorry, can't think of a better way to describe it!

Was wondering if using one of those intermittent pulsating shower heads on gentle pressure with warm water would be better than the warm compresses & manual lid massage.

Has anyone tried this? Is there a doctor online who could maybe say not a good idea, possible damage, ect.,?

My husband made a joke about using the Water-Pik dental system. It made sense but doesn't sound practical or safe.

I'm so desperate for relief. I'm in a really depressed mood because of my eyes hurting so much. A month on 100 mg Doxycyline twice a day hasn't really calmed my ocular rosacea down. And I HAVE to do warm compresses & lid massage twice daily for MGD.

Comment

Working...
              X