X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Compress or Warm Compress?

Hello,
    I have MGD and the thing that helps me the most is Warm/Hot Compress. My eyes feel much better after that but the effect usually lasts only for about 2 hours. So I end up doing this 3 times a day.

1) Is it ok to do it 4 times a day?

2) I find that hotter the temperature the better my eyes feel and the longer the effects last. So I crank up the temperature to as high as my eyes can bear. It doesn't burn the skin but it feels hot.
    Is it ok to do a HOT compress? Will the heat cause any damage to the eyes in the long term?

Looking forward to your responses!

Hi dnivara,
    I must use warm compresses three times a day too, or my glands get plugged. One of my eye doctors told me to use hot compresses as many times as needed. Maybe someone else will comment on how hot. You want it hot enough to liquify the oil, but not hot enough to melt your face or eyeballs.

Comment

You definitely do not want it so hot that you scald the skin around the eyes or the eye lids.

Comment

i can,t use warm compresses...i need cold ones...my eye lids are burning,like the inside of my eyes too...i have Sogren disease and i can feel the inflamation in my lacrimal glands...i also have lacrimal lithiasis and from time to time i have to massage my eyelids corners to take away the stones( little sharped crystalls) ...i would like to know if someone used something more natural to soothe and moisture the eyelids...mayybe slices of cucumber? or some herbal tea bags? i feel like i lack water / hydratation there...and i don,t know how to obtain that...my inside nose is as dry as the eyes too...

Comment

Working...
        X