Warm Compress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Compress

How often do you use this, for how long and should the compress be warm or hot? Thanks...it seems to be the only thing providing me relief lately.

Hi,

I use it once a day. I use a rice baggy compress, warm and for 10 mins.

Mani

Comment

Mani do you still use nac? I think I read you did??

Comment

Originally posted by Max52 View Post
        How often do you use this, for how long and should the compress be warm or hot? Thanks...it seems to be the only thing providing me relief lately.
        I do a 'hot' compress. I heat it up till as much as my eyes can bear and apply for about 5 mins. The hotter it is the more relief I get. I do it thrice a day. I have been doing this for a year. So far no side effects. I hope its the right way to do it.

Comment

Nope never tried NAC. But I sure am interested in trying it.

Comment

Hi dnivara,
            I have to do it three times a day, or the oil gets blocked. Love Rebecca's rice baggy.

Comment

Sorry mani I guess I confused you with someone else. I am giving it a go, tried it before but I wanna give it a chance.

Desperation is setting in.

Comment

I tried NAC with no help at all. But everyone is different. I also tried warm compresses about 2 years ago and they only made my eyes drier and gave me dark circles. I do the MG expression after showers usually.

Comment

I do the shower thing to , hot as possible , expression and ocusoft plus. Also NEED doxy, clean diet, fish oil and now trying nac.

Blepharitis is a full time job I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by dnivara View Post
                    I do a 'hot' compress. I heat it up till as much as my eyes can bear and apply for about 5 mins. The hotter it is the more relief I get. I do it thrice a day. I have been doing this for a year. So far no side effects. I hope its the right way to do it.
                    Thanks very much for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
                      I tried NAC with no help at all. But everyone is different. I also tried warm compresses about 2 years ago and they only made my eyes drier and gave me dark circles. I do the MG expression after showers usually.
                      Sorry, but what is NAC ?

Comment

Twice daily.
                        Warm Rice Mask, 5-10 minutes.
                        Followed by Lid Hygeine with OcuSoft brand Wipes.

Warm=the skin on my lids & where mask comes in contact isn't bright red after removing and doesn't feel like my skin is burning type heat.

I was told not to exceed 10 minutes by several of my doctor(s) & nurses because it may lead to cornea damage. I use a timer.

Plus, with ocular rosacea heat can aggravate inflammation; that's why only 5 minutes most of the time. I have severe Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, Ocular and Facial Rosacea (Subtype 1) so warm compresses are difficult to maintain a balance.

Sometimes I wonder why bother with warm compresses because I've read 5 minutes isn't long enough to help liquefy meibum.

Comment

I was going to ask what NAC was as well.

Is there an Acronym List any where on the forum?

Comment

Working...
                          X