Blephasteam Goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To ​​​​​​anyone who has tried these...

I'm looking on their website, and they have boxes of 100 rings sold separately. Can you tell me what those are for? Do you need to use new rings with each treatment? Thanks so much!

kevinscribbles May I ask how long your Blephasteam goggles lasted before they died? They're pricey, so I'm curious what kind of mileage you got out of them.

MGD1701 hannahmaywils Would love to hear from you too if you have time, in regards to how long your Blephasteam goggles lasted, and any other info you figure is of use

Comment

Can anyone who has used these tell me what the extra boxes of rings they sell are for? They sell the Blephasteam goggles, plus boxes of 100 rings...

Comment

SAAG i think you replace the rings each time you use them. I知 not entirely sure what the rings do, but I guess they are involved with producing the steam somehow and new ones are needed each time.
        I imagine it gets expensive

Comment

Yes the rings sit inside the goggles on the heated part, and create the desired humidity open the glands. I use them myself, not really sure if it痴 done anything for me. However it sure feels damn good for awhile after so to some people maybe that痴 worth it.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info - much appreciated!

it makes sense to me to have the temperature regulated by the goggles (i.e. it's an improvement over trying to hang my head over steaming water). And I can't do actual warm compresses since the weight of it on my eyes make my eyeballs stick to my eyelids and that's super uncomfortable. So we'll see... I have no clue if my MG's are blocked (in which case I don't expect the Blephasteam to do much), or merely sluggish with thick oil (in which case the Blephasteam may help). I'll give it a few months and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

I ordered a pair, it's been shipped, and is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday - had to get it off Amazon.co.uk for 199」 though because the manufacturer doesn't ship outside the UK... normally I'd avoid ordering stuff like this off Amazon, but I'll take a chance this time... the seller has a rating of "99% positive in the last 12 months (4984 ratings)" which is hard to fake, so I think odds are in my favor this is a legit seller. Time will tell...

Comment

Hi SAAG

Blephasteam is my favourate - for its constant/wet heat of 42.5C and safer too.
              Dr Korb considerates it helps too with 13-15 min, which is import and is my finding too
              (not 10 min as supplier or most doctors suggest) read my old post, if you care to know more.
              After LipiFlow, I occasionally could feel much oil flowing out, like LipiFlow, for a few months.

My new discovery
              forceful blinking for the last 1-2 min. toward the end but close eyes for the first 1-12 min.
              heat + blink = Lipiflow?? not really but kind of?

I also find microwaved masks are too heavey - have tried about 5 different types.
              Last edited by MGD1701; 02-Dec-2018, 05:16.

Comment

Well, my Blephasteam goggles arrived today. I think the principles behind them makes sense. I don't expect miracles from it, but because I know I struggle with MGD, I think that at the very least it's a good longterm maintenance treatment for me to minimize obstructions in the glands and preserve whatever function I have in my MG's for as many years as possible.

By the way MGD1701 , how do you restart the treatment so that it extends beyond the 10 minutes?

EDIT: The thing shut off after 10 minutes (to others reading this, that's supposed to happen because the machine is set to provide 10-minute treatments)... I pressed the power button again and the orange light went on (per manual indicates it's heating up to the proper temp)... when you treated for longer than 10 minutes, did you simply keep the goggles on after it turns off, press start to get the orange heating light to go on, and time it yourself so you didn't leave them on for longer than you intended?
                Last edited by SAAG; 01-Dec-2018, 05:57.

Comment

I just did my first Blephasteam treatment - this is by far the best, most comfortable heat treatment I've ever applied to my lids in the 13 years I've been dealing with dry eye since LASIK.

Someone in this forum said if your eyes are bloodshot after a warm compress that the temperature is too high. My eyes were ALWAYS bloodshot after warm compresses, and when I switched to trying to steam them (to avoid the eyelid-sticking-to-eyeball thing), they were bloodshot after steaming too. And it was impossible to get the right temp of steam for a prolonged period by simply holding my head over a steaming bowl of water.

With Blephasteam, I had zero redness after my treatment (10 minutes).

It was definitely hot, but not uncomfortably so. This little device is fricking genius and I hope they are able to get the necessary permits/approval to sell these things worldwide (at the moment, they can only ship within the UK, hence my need to get it from an Amazon.co.uk seller).

If you can get warm compresses to the right temp and they are not uncomfortable, for sure that's the most budget friendly option. But for folks who find warm compresses undesirable as I do, these goggles are fantastic.

The manual says it's expected to last 7 years, although it only comes with a 1 year warranty. If it actually lasts 7 years I'll be thrilled.

Again, for the record, I do not expect miracles with this thing... my glands are screwed up... my ocular surface is almost constantly irritated if I'm not in a tropical high humidity climate. I have aqueous deficiency too. But the science for heat for MGD seems pretty consistently in favor of it ... so at the very least, I think it's reasonable to expect that this little device can help prevent/minimize further deterioration of the MG's. And if one is lucky, perhaps get the glands flowing more normally again.

Comment

There is a post from "guest" about my treatment with Blephasteam just now - the "guest" is me, please approve the post ( << there was supposed to be a smile emoji, but it's not showing up for me)... Anyhow, the post is apparently in the approval queue... didn't realize the forum had logged me out due to taking too long to write it, sorry!
                    Last edited by SAAG; 01-Dec-2018, 06:21.

Comment

How to make it longer than 10 min
                      piece of cake, just put it on, when it turns to green, the press the bottom in 3 or 5 min then you get 13 or 15 min.

Comment

Working...
                      X