This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm Compress and Lid Scrub questions

My ophthalmologist said I have a little Blepharities, thus recommended me to do warm compress and lid scrub twice a day. Everytime after warm compress, I feel my eyes sticky. Is this normal? Does the stickiness tell anything at all; whether the oil produced from my eye is normal or paste like?

When using lid scrub wipes, I pull down my lower eyelids to clean. How about upper eyelids - should I lift up them up or close eyes to clean?

Appreciate your advise.

Any idea, anyone? Feeling rather down today as my eyelids are feeling painful. Not sure if the warm compress is too hot or due to me pulling up my upper eyelids to do lidscrub. Should I just close eyes when cleaning upper eyelids?

A stupid question - I am thinking to try cold compress, am wondering will it cause the oil glands on my lid to clog further?

Comment

Originally posted by tealeaf View Post
      My ophthalmologist said I have a little Blepharities, thus recommended me to do warm compress and lid scrub twice a day. Everytime after warm compress, I feel my eyes sticky. Is this normal? Does the stickiness tell anything at all; whether the oil produced from my eye is normal or paste like?

When using lid scrub wipes, I pull down my lower eyelids to clean. How about upper eyelids - should I lift up them up or close eyes to clean?

Appreciate your advise.
      Does your doctor have a nurse or a technician? Ask for instructions on 'how to do' what they want you to do. Every doctor seems to have a different technique so it's best to ask her/him for specific detailed directions.

Comment

Working...
      X