Heating Method for Warm Compresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heating Method for Warm Compresses

Hello I am new on the forum. I do not know if my question has been discussed before, so I am sorry if I am being a repeater.
    I want to try warm compresses like Thermalon, Bruder Hydrating Compress or something similar. As far as I see they must be microwaved. However, I do not have a microwave heater, instead I have an electrical oven. Does anybody heat them with another heat source and get any success? Or any idea about if it can work with oven? Since in my country I can not find such a mask, I will order it online with far distance shipment which will probably double the costs. So any opinion is appreciated.
    Thank you all.
    Last edited by eyetoeye; 01-Feb-2015, 10:51.

Hi Eyetoeye, Maybe consider using a flannel cloth and boiled water. It makes a hot steam cloth to warm the eyelids like a mask, then help clean the eyelid margins. We normally make 2 and leave the 2nd cloth soaking within reach until the 1st has gone cold. Or we even just soak and clean the eyes in the bath or shower. This was recommended by the hospital as easier for children but it's been a good method. If you check the base of your eyelashes and realise you need to clean gently there too, cotton bud sticks are useful. Sometimes we buy and use eyelid margin cleaning wipes. Ha! Enjoying the irony of advising a Turkish guy about hot steam towels!
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hello littlemermaid, apparently i m a Turkish who does not know much about hot steam towels. actually i am looking for something practical and i just found that thera pearl could be heated in warm water as well. however , as i see in amazon reviews of the product there are many complaints about both its function and its design. so i m not sure if it can be a long term solution. i liked your suggestion though and will try it and will also try thera pearl option too. thank you.

Comment

Here is an option also:

http://www.blephasteam.com/education.htm

I am not sure if they ship to your area, though. I have ordered some products in the past from the UK that weren't available in the U.S., and they were willing to make a special shipping deal for me, so it doesn't hurt to ask (nicely). They are available on Amazon, so you could contact that seller and ask.

Comment

Another quick and easy option is to use a metal spoon soaked in hot water first to make hot.

Comment

Welcome eyetoeye,
            I use Rebecca's rice baggie. Just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, wait until it feels comfortable, and that is it. I used to use steamy wash cloths, but the moisture was very irritating and I ended up with swollen, sore, red eyelids.

Comment

Nothing I have purchased (and I've tried several things that need to be microwaved) stay warm enough for long enough. The best thing for my son and I is to get a washcloth very hot and keep rewetting it with hot water while standing over a sink. It's sort of messy, but it works and beats the rice bags in my opinion.

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
              Welcome eyetoeye,
              I use Rebecca's rice baggie. Just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds, wait until it feels comfortable, and that is it. I used to use steamy wash cloths, but the moisture was very irritating and I ended up with swollen, sore, red eyelids.

Comment

I recommend sitting in front of a device like this with your eyes closed and express the oil with your fingers if you think it will help: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/li...l#.VN_Zb_nF_II

It is what saved me from dry eyes.

Comment

Working...
                X