Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blephasteam in the US, help please.

Hi everyone.

I'd been feeling horrible for the past month, I can't even open my eyes without feeling burning. I can't even go out anymore.

I'd been hearing about Blephasteam for a long time and I'm ready to invest the money because I'm frankly out of options. Anyone know where do they sell the Blephasteam goggles for the better price and delivers them to the U.S?

Thanks a lot guys
    -Daniel

I was told by a very knowledgeable doctor that the blephasteam goggles will not be as effective as a regular warm compress. Have you tried moisture chamber glasses?

Comment

Yeah I'd been using moisture chambers for months and had been a godsend but I been feeling worse every month I just dont know why I'm getting worse and worse even though I'm doing all the treatment for MGD, it's depressing, to the point where the moisture chambers are not doing the job anymore, that's why I was very intersested in getting those blephasteam goggles.

About the warm compresses, I plan to still do them everyday ,but I wanted to use the blephasteam mainly to be able to read/study more comfortably since I will had to study in a week from now, right now just where I am, I find it almost impossible to do, even simple tasks like browsing this site is very hard.

Comment

Hello Daniel,

Blephasteam goggles have helped me a lot, hot compresses were making my condition worse and worse. I think it depends on the type of MGD you have whether something works or not so I dont think its fair for ophthalmologists to say that hot compresses work better than blephasteam goggles because they don't, the may for some people but not for everyone.

This is where I got mine from http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk...ephasteam.html you have to buy rings to go with the goggles, I used my goggles in the morning and in the evening when my eyes were really bad but not I just use them before I go to bed, they open up my glands and bring the swelling down without the direct heat on my lids from hot compress which was making my lids more inflamed.

These are the replacement rings you need to buy with the goggles http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk...teamRings.html

You mention that you experience burning all through the day, I had this too, have you ever been on a course of oral doxycycline?

Butterfly eyecare are a reputable company and they are very quick and efficient and I think if you email them you would get a response about how soon they could deliver to the US

Cath

http://www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk...ephasteam.html

Originally posted by Daniel2 View Post
        Yeah I'd been using moisture chambers for months and had been a godsend but I been feeling worse every month I just dont know why I'm getting worse and worse even though I'm doing all the treatment for MGD, it's depressing, to the point where the moisture chambers are not doing the job anymore, that's why I was very intersested in getting those blephasteam goggles.

About the warm compresses, I plan to still do them everyday ,but I wanted to use the blephasteam mainly to be able to read/study more comfortably since I will had to study in a week from now, right now just where I am, I find it almost impossible to do, even simple tasks like browsing this site is very hard.
        Last edited by cathy8889; 04-Aug-2015, 03:11. Reason: add information
        27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Ps you only wear blephasteam goggles for ten minutes. They take ten mins to heat up then you dunk the rings in cool bottled water for 10-20 seconds and then put them in the goggles and press the button and then they steam your eyes for ten mins.
          Cath
          27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Thanks a lot cathy, nop I haven't try doxy yet, and yeah the warm compresses doesn't help me in the least but I'm doing it pretty much robotically because they say I had to do it to get the glands opened up. I don't know what's wrong with me, I feel worse and worse I'm all day at home and listening to radio, I hope I find something that works for me.

I have a couple of questions about it:

-would the Blephasteam replace effectively the warm compresses? I'd been told that the temperature is not that warm so that it doesnt really openes up glands for more serious cases of MGD. Did it work for you, what I mean is if your optholmologist saw that your glands were getting better?

-And also I thought that the goggles would help me while I study for longs periods of time to not feel the burning while trying to concentrate (putting them on obviously for more than 10 minutes), could it be used for that purpose of is it just a 10-15 minute therapy?

-I'm seeing that it comes with replacement rings already, so would it be necessary to buy extra replacement rings?

thanks again cathy,
            -Daniel

Comment

Working...
            X