Bundle method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundle method

As we know there is the bundle method to make warm wet compresses (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpwA76xepa4). My question is: does the material for washcloths has to be micro-fiber or it can be some other good absorbtive material (such as a cotton towel)?

It should be cotton washcloth. Microfiber cloths are not going to give any advantage. Moreover micro fiber cloths are often too thin to soak the warm water. A thick cotton washcloth will absorb more warm water and retain heat longer.

Comment

This is strange. I tested this method and (as I expected) the cloth didn't retain desired temperature for 2 minutes (this is huge timeframe, I thought it will cool down considerably after just 1 minute, but it looks like it cools even faster). This was just a test though, the cotton washcloths which I managed to find was pretty narrow, so I folded it just 3 times, so the whole compress piece was thinner due to fewer folds, but it was quite long, maybe I should've folded it horizontally before applying. That is a scheme of a final compress washcloths dimensions: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| - it is quite long, but quite thin as described earlier... Also, the length is needed to make a full bundle in the first place

Comment

Hmm... The long compress strip folded horizontally in half before applying is definitely better. Also, when I apply compress it is about 50°C. And after 2 minutes it is about 40°C. On 50°C I don't press compress fully because it's too hot, but gradually I push it further to the lids while it is cooling... I think this is OK? In other way, if I apply compress at 45°C it will cools down to quick... Definitely should experiment with different washcloths and durations. But, I must say I'm feeling relief, not so drastic as after the sauna, but I applied compress for just 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
        X