X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rice trick.

Originally posted by dianat
    jcorbett,
    I might suggest what I consider the ultimate in hot compresses: the rice in the pantyhose trick. Not sure if I've ever mentioned it before, but this method is far superior that any I've tried. I put in in the microwave for 2 minutes with a glass of water. ....
    Diana
    Yes, I have to ask this question. You put the little rice bag in the microwave beside the glass of water?

Comment

Hi Kyle.

Originally posted by Kyle
      You know Jcorbett as I was reading your posting I was saying to myself...wow, that's GPC...then I saw Raj had said that to you.
      Are you sure that's not what it is? I had GPC a couple of years ago ironically from wearing my extended wear contacts for too long (3 months at a time!) and I swear that's exactly what mine looked like and felt like. I don't know how your doc could have ruled it out without flipping your lids upside down though. As gross as it is, I could see the bumps (almost like pimples) covering the underneath of my lids. it took me quite a while to get rid of them and, of course, I couldn't wear my contacts for months. I also took an antibiotic.
      Another opinion might not hurt.
      Good luck!
      I caught a bit of news about Kathy Griffith, the comedienne/actress that has had a Lasik nightmare, and I think had the same Lasik doc as you(iirc). Do you know anything about that?

Comment

rhohltjr,

Since you're a dry eye sufferer, I'll go easy on you.

Yes, beside the glass of water. I do that because I tend to like a little moisture with my compresses and the rice most definitely absorbs some water. Also, it keeps the rice from burning. Two minutes would be way too long if you opt out of the glass of water.

I really hope this method works well for you.

Diana
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Reply to Rhohltjr--Kathy Griffin

Originally posted by rhohltjr
          I caught a bit of news about Kathy Griffith, the comedienne/actress that has had a Lasik nightmare, and I think had the same Lasik doc as you(iirc). Do you know anything about that?
          A lot of people have forwarded me the info on Kathy. I've tried to contact her via her website and through the Laugh Factory in Hollywood, but haven't had any luck yet. Ironically enough, the guy who is helping me with my eye situation is the one that did her surgery. He's the guy you always see on "Extreme Makeover". I hate to hear about anyone going through what we all have been through (or are presently going through), but the fact that Kathy is a celebrity may help bring light to our situation. We can only hope so.
          For those of you not familiar with her situation check out these websites.

http://www.kathygriffin.net/

Kathy Griffin Exclusive: Why She May Be Losing Her Eyesight

Comment

Working...
          X