Ipl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipl

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted, so before I ask a question here is an update on how i have been coping with this thing we all share in common, DES.
    I have had four probings done and after the fourth time, it did help { about a 50% decrease in systems } which is good.
    Now the bad, it HURTS during the procedure ( maybe I'm just a sissy ).
    The benefits do not last long ( 4 or 5 months in my case ).
    So, my question is:
    has anyone here tried IPL ?
    if so, does it help, any unwanted side effects ?
    It would seem that a non evasive procedure would be easier to tolerate.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I thank you all in advance.
    The old Vet

I had IPL about three years ago. It opened all of my plugged MGs, but did not make a very big impact on the overall state of my eyes. I have tear deficiency, MGD, and ocular Rosacia. IPL is supposed to help ocular Rosacia by zapping some of the blood vessels that feed up into the eye. It also super heats the meibum so that the glands can be expressed. Your face can be slightly burned by the procedure, but this goes away usually within a week. I don't remember how much it cost. There are four sessions, and then you are supposed to return in a year for more IPL. My TBUT went from 3 to 7 or 8 on the first visit, but never moved beyond that point. I did not return for more treatments, although it might now be of benefit since my eyes are in better shape. IPL hurts too, but nothing horrendous. Good luck OV.

Comment

Working...
    X