No announcement yet.

IPL for home treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think neilw is right. Being skeptical all the time doesn't help to give treatments a chance to work. Hope and confidence play a big role in the healing process I think (even if YES its hard).

Comment

It's definitely interesting neilw, glad your wife has found something to help her. There are home IPL devices on the market in the UK now for the face (Philips Reaura) but they don't have the same intensity as in-office devices. I can imagine getting a device for the eyes to market would prove difficult but I applaud any doctor who is trying to help our plight.

Comment

To clarify, I was also joking, which was how I took Rebecca's comment. Playfully.

Comment

We will be going back to see Dr Toyos in August and we hope to find out more about this device then. I will post what I find out after the appointment.

Comment

I didn't wanted to be rude... sorry

Comment

dominorose
              I don't think anyone has been rude so no need to apologise. I do hope Dr Toyos's new treatment will be of benefit to dry eye sufferers, but we have also always to be sceptical until we have proof. I think we need to be sceptical and hopeful at the same time ! And humour too is always needed.

Also, did you notice that I had answered your query about an IPL doctor in France (on the Europe forum). If you did not see that yet, I think this organisation E-Swin should be able to give you the information you need.
              Neil

Comment

Thank you Neil, haven't seen your answer on the other thread, but I've already seen the website although they don't reply to any of my mails... I will try to call them thank you!

Comment

Neil: Would be very interested in seeing your wife's progress. Do you think you could set up a thread here (Rebecca, is this ok?)? I am considering IPL in office but was always confused about what would happen in between. What could prevent flareups in between? Three months can be a long time between treatments! Neil, you can PM me with any questions/comments.

IPL is something not discussed much on this board, and insurance does not cover this service for the most part. I would like to know more.

Comment

Is it painful? I'm over sensitive so I would love to know

Comment

Tried it, and no difference for me to be honest...

Comment

Working...
                      X