IPL or Lipiflow first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL or Lipiflow first?

Hi all, I'm looking at getting treatment done for my MGD. Does anyone know if it is better to start with Lipoflow first or IPL?

Thanks!

According to Dr Periman, IPL first (to stop the inflammation) and then Lipiflow to push out whatever wasn’t addressed through IPL.

Comment

Yeah i have the same issue in front of me. Its an $800-900 investment for lipiflow near me. But i wont be able to get IPL for another 5 weeks or so. But could get lipiflow next week.

I will try to be patient and wait.

Anyone know how long to wait after the first IPL treatment to get lipiflow?

Comment

In my case, I will wait until the last IPL treatment before doing Lipiflow. Too bad you can’t get IPL sooner. It literally takes 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Thanks guys, helps a lot!

Comment

Question...for anyone that has done IPL and Lipiflow...how long did you wait to start each treatment?

I did Lipiflow 2 weeks ago and want to do IPL. Some doctors do them simultaneously. My doctor wants me to wait 6 weeks but I understand that they each have different mechanisms of action. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X