Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have glands expressed by doc only to be clogged again within days?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have glands expressed by doc only to be clogged again within days?

My doc squeezed on my glands with qtips last wed and my left eye the glands are already quite clogged. Has anyone had this happen to them? Is it the weather change?
    Jenny

hi jenny,

yes. i express the glands myself regularly.
    sometimes they clogg up again the very next day! i don't think this has anything to do with the weather. it happens all year around. maybe in the summer a little less due to the warmth.
    still don't quite understand what the mechanism is behind this clogging of the glands.
    expressing them only to see them clogged up again one or two days later is indeed very frustrating
    maybe someone here can teach us how to slow up this process,so the glands will stay clear for a longer period than just a few days.
    could the use of low dose doxy or azytchromicine play a role in this? from what i've heard these medicines keep the oils more liquid and kill bacteria that cause hyperkeratinasation.

patrick...

Comment

I have been on doxy a while now and really dont know whether it is helping keep my glands clear or not. I am the same in that sometimes I can leave it a couple of days and they appear to remain clear other times the get clogged up the next day. At the moment I pretty much express every day.

I have wondered recently whether a drastic change in my diet might have an impact on my glands i.e I stop eating all the fatty crap I eat now and change to veggy or similar. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Comment

In order for the oils to become more liquid the consensus is the food diet has to change to include more omega 3s. Our diet is too heavy on animal fats and too little on fish. Typically this takes 3-4 months weather the actual diet changes or a supplement is taken.

Comment

i know indrep. thanks for the reminder. i was doing better on a strict diet.. but i gave up and started eating what i wanted and lately havent had an appetite-i am 5'7" 119 pounds so i can eat what i want-as far as weight that is.... I also got mad being so strict because i still got my sjogrens flares and dry eyes and clogged glands-but i have to say they were not nearly this severe!!!! back to my diet!
          Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X