Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

improved expression following protein rich meal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improved expression following protein rich meal?

Okay, I don't know if I'm imagining things . . . With all the Christmas festivities and snacking, I may have skipped a few quality meals.

I have been thinking for some time now that my glands express better when I have eaten well that day, and vice versa. Does anyone else notice improved secretions after having had a high quality meal (good protein, low fat, high veggies) ?

I know the meibum fluid is being produced all the time. I just wonder if it is possible for it to be directly altered by poor food choices; like, shortbread, minced tarts, yummy chocolates, egg nog

Hope this isn't too far out there . . .

since thanksgiving until xmas i have been eating horribly -so much darn sugar, cookies cakes you name it! well, my glands got so clogged within days of the doc expressing them.. i could see the white bumps when i would do a compress-when it gets to that stage you can get the stuff out.. so i am back to fresh fruits, veggies, fish and maybe some chicken, eggs too, sweet potatoes.. so boring but i swear this sugar attack i have had has done a number on me.. omg...
    Jenny

Comment

I know what you mean . . . those little adorable cookies are soooo irresistible I have a really big sweet tooth! Funny thing, when I was young my older sisters and mom would tease me and say my sweet tooth would get the better of me . . . maybe it has ;(

Well we have a new year just around the corner and I know my new year's resolution is going to include lots of healthy eating, meditation, getting to bed early, exercises . . . I have probably forgotten something important . . . oh, yes . . . lid massages.

Seriously, I am thinking of investing in a juicer. I can't seem to get enough of the good green stuff (spinach, kale). If I could just drink it, I think I'd be able to get enough green power into me at least every other day!

Happy New Year!

Comment

Omg.. a juicer... great idea! i think i may get one...yeah i def think the sweets hurt us.. maybe some others will share their thoughts? ! i hope so!!
        Jenny

Comment

Whey Protein

Now you have me researching to find thread that mentioned Whey protein in a study that while they were trying to build muscle dry eye improvement was noted...

Comment

Working...
          X