This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meibomian Gland Dysfunction FIX

I had LASIK in 2000 and developed severe dry eye along with MGD.
    I have tried everything to treat the MGD without success until 6 weeks ago.
    Lid Scrubs are not effective for MGD - posterior blephairits - only for staph bacteria related blepharitis. Warm compresses and massages are OK - not scrubs (this is true for me - not necassarily anyone else).

Now for my cure...

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Glutathione Supplement(1 tablet once per day).
    After 60 days, I have no visible signs of meibomiantis, my TBUT went from 6 seconds to 23...

This supplement is available from GNC.

Do some research - there are case studies out there. Bottom line, the stuff works as I have major relief.

Thanks for the tip, bmore. And congratulations. I'm doing a little research on it now and I'm more than a little intrigued. Are you working with a naturopath or nutritionist or someone?
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Nope -

Only working with Dr. Bmore...if you know what I mean.

I should also mention the other treatments I tried (for the MGD) which were not effective:

Castor Oil
      Restasis
      Eyrthromycin Ointment
      Bacitracin Ointment
      Thereatear Nutrition
      Omega 3 Fish Oil Pharmaceutical Grade
      Flaxseed Oil - 2 cups per day - yuk!

Comment

You need a new doctor . That's a lotta flaxseed oil.
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Wow! Its incuraging to see that someone has actually gotten some relief! Has anyone looked into the N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine treatment. I have tried theratears and Doxycycline with not to much change in dryness. I am currently trying Biotears. Any one have any experience with this product?
          Last edited by REDEYES; 19-Mar-2005, 14:18.

Comment

I saw Dr. Tseng two years ago. i have severe dry eye and MGD

Doxycycline is the only medicine which can help me. warm compress provides a liitle relief. Once I take doxycycline, i am completely fine. I am very worried about side effect of doxycyclie, so Ii stop taking it sometimes. However, dry eye and MGD attack me very soon after I stop it.and it is so painful that I seek suicide sometimes. I have to take doxycycline every day.

Then I think MGD caused my dry eyes (inflammation).My MGD symtom is crust on eyelids,viscous tear, change of tear components, which induce severe dry eyes.

Ii do not know if bmare really has MGD and he finds a cure or just reliefe. i really doubt it, but it deserves a try.

we can contact each other and tell stories. I know how painful for dry eyes and MGD.

My email is jjzhao2468@yahoo.com or jjzhao2468@gmail.com

Comment

My buddy name for AIM is jjzhao2468

Bmore, can add me and send me an email.

Comment

Did doxycycline help you? You find a cure or relief?

Did doxycycline help you? You find a cure or relief? what is your systom for MGD.

Originally posted by bmore
                Nope -

Only working with Dr. Bmore...if you know what I mean.

I should also mention the other treatments I tried (for the MGD) which were not effective:

Castor Oil
                Restasis
                Eyrthromycin Ointment
                Bacitracin Ointment
                Thereatear Nutrition
                Omega 3 Fish Oil Pharmaceutical Grade

Comment

jjzhao2468

Just wanted to ask you a few questions? Do you notice that you meiobian glands get clogged?(small blister like things on the posterior surface of eyelid). And also do you notice and oil coming out of them?

Comment

The two doctors said so

They said meibian gland get clogged. I can feel oily.

thank you for your reply.

Originally posted by REDEYES
                    Just wanted to ask you a few questions? Do you notice that you meiobian glands get clogged?(small blister like things on the posterior surface of eyelid). And also do you notice and oil coming out of them?

Comment

Doxy is helping

jjzhao2468,

That is great that when you take doxy you are completely fine! I have noticed that the doxy is starting to get the oils in my meibomian glands flowing. This helps with some of the discomfort, but I still have extremely dry eyes. So you went to Dr. Tseng a couple of years ago? Did he give you any ideas as to why you are experienceing dry eye other that the MGD? Or do you have the just the evaporative dry eye that come along with MGD?

REDEYES

Comment

I saw Dr. Tseng two years ago. i have severe dry eye and MGD

Dr.Tseng did not know the reason why my eyes are dry and develop MGD. he did know MGD is caused by dry eyes (I think he give right answer at this point). I think my dry eyes arise from my bad eyeglasses, extremely bad vision, and long-term use of computer monitor, but Dr. Tseng did not believe me. Patients are always best doctors for themselves.

MGD is bad enough to kill me.

Good luck to you. Keep contact.

Comment

you should know the reason why your eyes are dry.

you should know the reason why your eyes are dry.

Originally posted by REDEYES
                          jjzhao2468,

That is great that when you take doxy you are completely fine! I have noticed that the doxy is starting to get the oils in my meibomian glands flowing. This helps with some of the discomfort, but I still have extremely dry eyes. So you went to Dr. Tseng a couple of years ago? Did he give you any ideas as to why you are experienceing dry eye other that the MGD? Or do you have the just the evaporative dry eye that come along with MGD?

REDEYES

Comment

I also want to talk to bmore, but he did not reply.

I also want to talk to bmore, but he did not reply.

Comment

jjzha2468

jjzha2468,

My doctors have really not pinpointed it but years ago I had a bad viral infection in both eyes. It resolved pretty fast but after that my meiobomian glands would become blocked once in a while. They have for years. I think that sometimes I have evaporative dry eye, but my doctor seems to think that it has to do with me not producing tears. I tried to contact bmore also and there was no response. But he hasn't done's shrimers test or any other testing. Only looked at my eyes with slit lamp. Anyway, at least something works for you. Do you do hot compresses?

Comment

Working...
                              X