X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this what we could be waiting for?

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19...-with-dry-eyes

That's fascinating! Something to look into for sure - thanks for sharing this!

Comment

Very interesting stuff. Dr. Panzer has posted here occasionally and I know he's very excited about this treatment. A good one to watch.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

i wonder what disease that lady has?? i wonder if it could help anybody with severe dry eye?
        Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
          i wonder what disease that lady has?? i wonder if it could help anybody with severe dry eye?
          Yes, I wonder how it Can help if, for example the glands are still not producing oil?

Comment

Thanks for posting! I'd read about prokera while searching for a solution for my lunar-like scarred cornea surfaces. Here is a link to that information. It's amazing to see this being done in an office setting.

http://bmctoday.net/crstoday/2012/07...cal-experience

The author of the article is a consultant for the developer of the product.

Think it may not be covered by insurance in all cases. Trying to find out if it's viable treatment (in lieu of bandage contact lens) to speed healing and reduce pain following PTK laser to remove nodular degeneration. Still searching.

Comment

The procedure is covered by almost every medical insurance.
              But alas, when I post...it never goes through.
              So, this is just a test post...
              Eyemech

Comment

im wondering--my docs always say my corneas look great..no scarring (had some when this first began 5 years ago).. but since i do the compress/massage and drops for my sjogrens adn mgd my corneas look good-and i have plugs and cautery..but my eyes still hurt all the time!!

would prokera help someone with corneas that are not scarred but still have severe dry eye-bad tear break up time. clogged glands and lower tear production adn inflammation from sjogrens???
                Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
                  would prokera help someone with corneas that are not scarred but still have severe dry eye-bad tear break up time. clogged glands and lower tear production adn inflammation from sjogrens???
                  Good question! I've been trying to figure out the same thing, except for post-LASIKs... I have no scarring, just crappy tear function... wondering if there is a hope in heck that Prokera could help my situation... from what I can tell, it can help to reduce inflammation, so maybe it WOULD help??? but for how long I wonder.... hmmmm

Comment

/////////////////////
                    Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:15.

Comment

Working...
                    X