X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rppnj View Post
    Hi Blu,
    As I had mentioned, I ordered prescription sunglasses that protect your eyes from the environment. I ordered them through my local eyeglass retailer, however, they are from a company called ' 7eye '. You can check them out at ' 7eye.com '. They have many styles for both men & women and they are actually 'cool' looking! I also ordered a non-prescription pair from ' 7eye ' and they have already been delivered. I tried them for the first time today by taking a walk outside (lots of tree pollen out there today). It is also a dry and windy day today on the Jersey Shore. I'm happy to report that my eyes never changed from the time that I went outside, until I returned home. Now, I'm really looking forward to receiving my prescription sunglasses. Hopefully, with the NAC, HA, Lipiflow, Tobradex and now the Environmental Sunglasses, I can get a better handle on this condition. Meanwhile, I can't wait until tree pollen season is finally over!
    Regards,
    rppnj
    Hi rppnj,

I have glasses from 7eye, but every time I try to wear them with the goggle part in they fog up. This is especially frustrating when driving. The only way I can see is to take the goggle part out and just wear the glasses. But I know I should be protecting my eyes better. Is there any way to keep them from fogging? Is it better with custom ones? Anyway glad to hear you're doing better. Not having a good day today myself. Tried to use a cold pack as my dr. ordered and afterwards it felt like someone poured sand in my eyes. When I flushed them out with drops a lot of thick goop came out, then they felt better. But I don't know what is going on. What is all this goop?

Regards,
    blu

Comment

Day 3 using NAC went extremely well as I had no dryness. I feel like i am betting on the right horse and this vitamin will continue to lead the Kentucky Derby. Now i just need to give this horse a name. How about " A NAC 4 Pleasing", smile

Originally posted by BigNate View Post
      Great to hear EternalTears! Please keep us updated!
      Last edited by EternalTears; 15-Apr-2013, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalTears View Post
        Day 3 using NAC went extremely well as I had no dryness. I feel like i am betting on the right horse and this vitamin will continue to lead the Kentucky Derby. Now i just need to give this horse a name. How about " A NAC 4 Pleasing", smile
        Congrats ET! I first found out about NAC on the DEZ. I tried NAC and realized a significant improvement in the quality of my eyes. The only issue now is the tree pollen season, which negatively affects my eyes to a great degree. However, I'm still taking the NAC along with the 'HA' Hyaluronic Acid) every day. Check out my previous posts regarding both of these supplements.
        Regards,
        Rppnj

Comment

Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
          Hi rppnj,

I have glasses from 7eye, but every time I try to wear them with the goggle part in they fog up. This is especially frustrating when driving. The only way I can see is to take the goggle part out and just wear the glasses. But I know I should be protecting my eyes better. Is there any way to keep them from fogging? Is it better with custom ones? Anyway glad to hear you're doing better. Not having a good day today myself. Tried to use a cold pack as my dr. ordered and afterwards it felt like someone poured sand in my eyes. When I flushed them out with drops a lot of thick goop came out, then they felt better. But I don't know what is going on. What is all this goop?

Regards,
          blu
          Hi Blu,
          Sorry to hear about your bad day. we all have them now and then and it never
          gets any easier when we do. It's funny that when I have a good day or two I
          can't help thinking that maybe I'm better now, however, the bad days always
          return...especially during tree pollen season. The good thing is that when I
          stay inside, my eyes seem fine and that's great!

I found this on-line regarding fogging...sound worth a try...
          Fogging can periodically be an issue with any eyewear that forms this kind of
          seal around the eyes. I have worn 7Eye glasses for many years and find that I
          have fogging under certain circumstances - especially if I'm doing anything
          strenuous, but also a little bit if I'm driving (I just push them down my nose
          for a minute and they clear). I have never found it enough of a disadvantage to
          outweigh the benefits, but some people will have more trouble with this than
          others. Avoid putting on these glasses immediately after instilling eyedrops!
          You'll need to keep the eyecup clean, and you'll need to replace it once in
          awhile. Frequency of replacement varies a lot by user… some people keep it
          going for years, others change it every 3 months.
          Regards,
          rppnj

Comment

I notice that when I tke more than a few minutes to write a post, I seem to 'time out' and I lose the time and effort that I put in to write my post. So I began writing my post 'off-line' first and then copy/pasting it into the reply box. This works but messes up the formating. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi rppnj,

I get the same way on good days. One of these days we’ll be right! It sounds like your problems are mainly allergies. What does your doc think about an allergy eye drop? Have you ever tried it?

Many thanks for the advice about the glasses. I tried pushing them down but they fog immediately again as soon as I put them back. I’ll try the other suggestions.

I had the same issue with the site timing out. I type my long posts in MS Word using Times New Roman and the formatting is OK when I transfer them.

Best regards,
              Blu

Comment

Onto the 4th age with this forum. "I got to get meself some of this NAC". It's difficult to obtain in Australia and very expensive if available. I will go on it but trying something else first. NAC helps produce one of the most powerful enzymatic antioxidant in the body "Glutathione", but it requires other precursors to be formed.

Comment

How exciting eternal tears!
                  No change in glands as per Dr after few days on nac . but eyes betterish or perhaps it's weather .
                  Rppnj : Wat brand of HA do u take and how much. Im not sure whether to introduce HA or increase Nac . Im on 600 mg currently.
                  it makes me very burpy garlic like
                  Dcr dry eye : i got mine from aussie well online. very fast.
                  http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

No change in glands as per Dr after few days on nac . but eyes betterish or perhaps it's weather .
                    Rppnj : Wat brand of HA do u take and how much. Im not sure whether to introduce HA or increase Nac . Im on 600 mg currently.

Comment

• Hi Soaps, did you pay about $70 ? where did you obtain your NAC?

Comment

• Got it from aussiewell.com.au . i paid 55. But i could have gotten for less but i wanted preservative free as this affects my stomach and probably eyes.

I can't stop double posting for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by soaps View Post
                          Hi Soaps,
                          NAC is Carlson Labs Brand, 500MG, 60 capsules, from Amazon, $8.99 / bottle. HA is Jarrow Formulas Brand, 50MG, 120 capsules, from Amazon, about $18.00 / bottle. Drink plenty of water with the NAC. Best on empty stomach. I take one NAC in thr morning & one in earle evening. I take one HA per day in the morning.
                          Regards,
                          rppnj

Comment

• After 3 straight good nights using 600mg NAC once daily, last night eyes were dry and needed Genteal few times. i may imcrease dosage from 600mg depending on how eyes react over next several days. since i have 600mg, the dose would go to 600 mg x 2 daily

Comment

• Does anyone know the potential risks and dangers associated with NAC? The only thing that I have found in it may increase your blood pressure.

Comment

• You should look into vitamin C and zinc if you take this. They say you have to take extra because it depletes you of it quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X