This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta blockers and doxy questions

First question is: my new eye doc was shocked I've been on doxy 100 mg daily for 4 months. He said it can actually cause infections and worsen dry eye when taken that long. Does anyone know or hear that before?

Second: I've asked my derm, rheumy, and ophthalmologist for beta blockers to help control the crazy red hot flushing I get. The Optho said talk to my derm, the derm said talk to a cardiologist, and the rheumy said it would make my condition worse. Hmmm. I really think I have to get the inflammation down first and to do that need to control the rosacea flushing. So I've made an appr with my gp.

Kate,

I've been on doxy 100 mg/day for maybe that long also, maybe 4 months. I haven't had fewer RCEs, but I am healing from them faster. I have had no erosions since I had a 2nd punctal plug placed in my L eye about 2 1/2 weeks ago. That has been a Godsend. So as far as they doxy goes w/me, the jury is still out. I have multiple causes for my RCEs. Good luck to you, let us know how you're doing.

Comment

My doc just switched me to minocyclin because I wasn't getting any relief from the doxy. He also gave me an anti- bacterial ointment for night but I dont know if I'll use it....usually the thick drops are no good for me.

Comment

Working...
      X