Question about Doxyclycline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Doxyclycline

Hi all, please someone tell me if Doxyclycline can thicken the eyelids?

I have both aqueous deficiency and MGD, my meibomian glands are blocked said the optometrist. She told me to do warm compress 2x a day. I ask if i can try Doxyclycline but she said I can't because it only helps to produce the oil and since my glands are blocked if i take it then it will make my glands even worse (thicken), thank you all.

I am no doctor but Pretty sure that isn't right. My glands are clogged and my doctor said the doxy will help kind of liquefy them to let the oil out... It has worked quite well. I would get a new doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      I am no doctor but Pretty sure that isn't right. My glands are clogged and my doctor said the doxy will help kind of liquefy them to let the oil out... It has worked quite well. I would get a new doctor.
      Thank you Faith, i was confused too because I've read here somewhere that it helps MGD (unclog the glands) but when she said that I'm scared to try even though my eyelids margin are red all the time and thicker now

Comment

Doxy worked pretty well in the beginning for me though I have been using it for quite some time now and don't see as good results. I think the effects wear off after a while if I'm not mistaken.. the doctor u seen only told you to do compresses and that's it? He/she didn't recommended anything else? if you haven't tried anything yet don't worry there is ALOT of things you can try to help... Look for information on this site and see what has worked for others.. For me I had to use a lot to get it under control but some people it was just a change in diet or adding a vitamin. Over time you will figure out what works for you and what doesn't. I wouldn't worry yet , compresses take time to work as well, a few months even. also make sure you keep the lids nice and clean everyday as bacteria build up makes things way worse. Hope this helps!

Comment

Faith, how long have you been on Doxy? im now using serum drops, retasis and artificial tears as well. My eyes was better after 2 months using the serum but after that it goes downhill or maybe my eyes just flare up, im using it for 4 months now. As for Restasis i dont think it helps me after 5 months, but i'm afraid to stop because im aqueous deficiency (schirmer test is too low, 2-3mm). Im still doing warm compresses 2x a day but i dont feel any relief after the compresses

Comment

Working...
          X