This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxycycline making me tired

I've been on doxy for about 2 weeks now. I think it's causing drowsiness but that's not listed as a side effect on the label. I've seen some other posts about it making people tired.

How long do you need to be on this stuff to clear the glands? Forever if you have ocular rosacea?

I'm not sure how much longer I can hack it. I'm on 100 mg /day. Any advice?

Did you try to take it with food ? what about taking just 50 mg per day ?

Comment

Where I live, the smallest capsule (which also can't be divided) is 100mg of doxycycline. However, I can get 50mg of minocycline. You could try asking for that. Good luck.

Comment

200mg of minocycline will be similar to 100 mg of doxycycline

Comment

I was on doxy 100 mg 2x daily for about 2 months and didn't feel better or worse. So then I tries minocycline 100mg 2x daily and same thing...no effect. I've been off mino for about 3 weeks with no change.

Comment

Thanks all. I'll switch to taking it at night and give it a bit more time. I just didn't know what a "fair" amount of time was for trying it. It sounds like I should give it at least a couple months to see if it helps or not. I don't like it.

Comment

Cali please call me i just left a private massage to you.

Comment

Hi Cali,
                it took about 6 weeks before I noticed an improvement, I was on 100mg for 4 weeks then 50mg for the next 8 weeks and I just finished the course yesterday.
                I took mine straight after my breakfast with a large glass of water.

Comment

Hi Cali,

I've been told it can take up to 2 months before there is any effect. If it's just making you drowsy I think you can keep trying it if you can tolerate it, but if it causes real fatigue or you notice other symptoms such as loss of appetite you should let your dr. know. Doxy can have serious side effects in rare cases.

Comment

doxy (aside from helping with dry eye) will also fight bacteria in your blood thats harmful for you. (many silent diseases we don't know we have are dismissed as everyday elements and overlooked so you may not feel unwell) this could poss be whats called a Herx effect, Not sure if your still active on here since this is old but do a search on Herx and Doxy and you will find a range of information about it.
                    People have recovered, so can we.
                    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Working...
                    X