Best eyedrop for clarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best eyedrop for clarity?

Hi, My Dad has a mild case of macular degeneration, a mild cataract in one eye and, also, has dry eyes. Combined together these conditions have really affected the clarity of his vision. What dry eye drop would any of you recommend just to improve clarity (aside from the issues of comfort, healing, etc.)
    Thanks,
    Marcia

I don't think there's an easy answer to your question. I have those same issues, and haven't found a perfect drop. I usually see most clearly during the day--nights are always difficult. Most of the OTC drops seem to clear things up at first but for me, they tend to blur vision or cause mucous strings.

Wearing polarizing sunglasses (or fit-overs) with an amber tint helps sharpen vision, especially for mild cataracts. They really help me. Ask the eye doctor about the special tint colors that are best for low vision--I'm not sure what they are but I've read about them online.

Calli

Comment

Amber tint for clarity

Calli,
      Thank you for the information. I got Dad the amber tinted clip-on for his glasses and it is helping. He tried reading with it clipped on and, then, off and he could see an improvement in clarity with it on. He is going to try it driving, too. Thanks for thinking of it.
      Marcia

Comment

Working...
      X