Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any science proof about the best frequency to use artfical tears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any science proof about the best frequency to use artfical tears?

I use systane 6 times a day ,If less than this frequency ,I will feel pain in my eye ,I was worried that if this frequency will do harm to the tear film ,because I have read someone said more than 4 times use of artifical tears one day will damage the production of nature tear.

so I was very confused about this ,anyone could give some suggestion?

Hi, is the systane drop you use preservative free? (thats the ones in individual vials) if so I think it is safe to use as frequently as needed. Its the preservative that can potentially, if used more often, cause damage.
    I have used systane (preservative free) every half hour for extended periods to no ill effect. The advice from my opthalmologist is to use as and when required. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by angelicab View Post
      Hi, is the systane drop you use preservative free? (thats the ones in individual vials) if so I think it is safe to use as frequently as needed. Its the preservative that can potentially, if used more often, cause damage.
      I have used systane (preservative free) every half hour for extended periods to no ill effect. The advice from my opthalmologist is to use as and when required. Hope this helps
      thanks for your kindly reply ,I think I know what to do now!

Comment

Working...
      X